seven

seven—

it wasn't long until the guy came back with someone else. he was dressed in a police uniform, hand resting on the baton he had in his belt. he looked familiar to jimin. black hair, sharp eyes... it hit him. it was the guy that he saw on the awards.

"mr. park jimin this is your personal guard." the guy said, "mr. jeon jungkook."

jimin's eyes widened. his guard was this guy? jungkook reached a hand into the cell, held out for him to shake. jimin slowly grabbed it and they firmly shook hands.

"anyways, you guys will be doing most of your basic activities together. and since jungkook has been doing this most of his life, he knows more about this than i do. so i'll just leave you guys to get to know each other." the guy turned to jungkook, holding something out in his hand. "here's the key sir."

jimin was confused as to why the guy, who was clearly older than jungkook, was calling him sir. jungkook took the key from him and slipped it into his pocket.

"thanks youngjae," he said with a small smile.

"so, see you later." the guy hurried off, leaving the two in an unbearable awkwardness despite jimin being a prisoner and him being a guard. jungkook sat in the chair beside his cell, and sighed. glancing back at jimin occasionally, he looked out across the building to the other row of cells. the awkward tension they were in made jimin sick.

"so how did i get here again?" jimin said with a laugh, throwing it out there randomly with no thought at all.

jungkook chuckled also, "i don't know. i haven't read your file yet, but i guess since you're in this part of the prison i guess it's murder or something."

jimin was shocked, how did he guess it so effortlessly?

"k-kinda..." jimin murmured quietly. "how'd you know?" jungkook moved his chair to face him and smiled at him through the bars of the cell.

"well, my dad is the warden of the prison and runs everything. i've practically lived here at the prison since i was born besides school and other stuff. so i know where everything is. and this is the murder part of the prison." jungkook explained.

jimin nodded as he stared at the ground, "i see."

"by the way, you don't look like you've murdered someone." jungkook crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes thoughtfully.

jimin snapped his head up, "what makes you say that?"

"well, when someone murders someone they come in really giddy. like i guess crazy or something. they mumble to themselves and stare at you with dull eyes." jungkook blinked as he spoke.

"have you dealt with one before?" jimin asked. jungkook seemed to know lots of things, and it interested him.

"yeah, tons. one tried to kill me once because they were convinced i was trying to hurt them. but he didn't succeed."

"what happened to him?"

"he's dead." jimins eyes widened. "no i didn't kill him. he killed himself."

"oh..."

"so, how did you get in here?" jungkook leaned back and crossed his legs. "because really, you don't look like you'd hurt anybody. i wonder what youngjae thought when he was bringing you here."

jimin smiled at him, relaxing at the thought of someone finally understanding without him even having to say it. it made him feel better, that someone understood even if it was in a carefree way.

"well..."

//I FEEL LIKE THIS ISNT UP TO YOUR EXPECTATIONS
IM SORRY

arrested || jikookOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara