Mumbled Quickly Into A Scarf (S)

TW: Cutesyness!

It hadn't been all that long since they were enemies, but after they had been trapped together with no friends, no resources, and no way to kill each other, they, strangely, had become more amicable.

It had started when they fell into a ravine, as do all friendships. They agreed to meet one final time, in hopes if finally settling the score.

One way or another.

Lalna brought a Jen-Division 17 caliber plasma shot, of his own creation. The name was also of his own creation. Over the past three weeks, he had grown accustomed to killing a skeleton in one shot at range.

Rythian, on the other hand, had nothing. Or so it seemed. Lalna knew that Rythian had powerful enough magic to compare with his gun.

Lalna had stepped forward, with intentions of telling Rythian off. Instead, the rocks crumbled under his feet, and he started to fall. For some reason, Rythian dove in after him, and saved him.

Lalna's gun had broken in the fall, along with the runes Rythian carried to do most of his magic.

"I wish we hadn't chosen a place so far away from our bases," Lalna said.

"My magic was almost nuclear, with how much damage it could've done. Unlike you, I don't have plans to nuke my enemies apprentice."

At this, Lalna looked away and they began to walk into the direction they agreed would get them home.

Now it was a week later. They had scavenged for food, boiled water to disinfect it, and killed thousands of monsters with only rudimentary iron swords.

To Rythian's suprise, Lalna was handy with a melee weapon.

To Lalna's suprise, Rythian, even without his magic baubles, was still able to fade into shadows and teleport small distances. He refused Lalna's requests to explain it.

Now there was some hulking creature in front of them. It was reptilian, and though it was long and thin like a snake, it had eight legs, and horns.

Lalna gasped. "Rythi, it's a DRAGON!"

Rythian chuckled. "It isn't a dragon. It's a wyrm. An imposter. I can tell, trust me."

Lalna was disapointed. "Oh."

"Don't look so glum, thekrentok. If it was a dragon, it would know I was here, and we'd both be dead."

"What's thekrentok? Did you just call me thekrentok? What's it mean?"

Rythian figited. "It's dragon. It's not important."

"No, tell me."

Silence.

"I'm going to kill it and we can move on."

"Rythian..."

Rythian mumbled into his scarf.

"What was that?"

"It's dragon for 'my love,' 'my dear,' 'love' when used in the proper context. It slipped out." He faded into the shadows.

"Rythian?"

Lalna gulped. He thought about the implications of what Rythian just said.

Lalna had trouble hiding a smile.

Credit to InventorBenny on tumblr