Sedated (N)

TW: Rape/Non-Con, Graphic Depictions Of Violence

Rythian awoke, disoriented and uncomfortable. He struggled to collect his thoughts, trying to move past the simple observation that an incredibly bright lamp was positioned directly above the table where he lay. He clenched his fists, testing his strength, only to discover that they felt as distant and numb as if they were not connected to his body. Rythian attempted to move his arms, hoping to wake his sleeping limbs, but found them impossible to lift..

Panicked, he craned his neck to look down at his body. Long white straps crossed his chest, arms, and legs, pinning him to the stainless steel table. Tensing all his muscles, Rythian jerked upwards. The straps barely budged, but the movement exhausted him. He collapsed back on the table, vision growing blurry as his eyes struggled to focus.

"Rythian," a distant hand gripped his shoulder and the scientist came into view. "You need to stay still, or I'll put you under again."

"Let me go," Rythian demanded, summoning some measure of coarse authority into his voice. Lalna's face slowly came into focus above him. His expression was harried, and the shadows beneath his eyes suggested that he had been up for far longer than usual. "What's going on?" he asked when Lalna made no move to answer his first demand.

"You're sedated right now. I've let you wake up because I want to ask you a few questions." Lalna's voice was calm, professional, and entirely foreign. He paused for a moment before asking, "What happened to you?"

"How did I get here?" Rythian countered. Lalna's concerned tone nagged at his uneasy mind. A few scenarios flitted through his head and he grasped at the most believable. Not unsurprisingly, it also happened to be one of his more paranoid ideas: Lalna must be trying to get something out of him.

"You tried to kill me," Lalna admitted. He again hesitated before going further, taking care with his words. "You weren't entirely yourself."

The mage reached back for the memory. When he knew that when he was able, he had left his home, once again intent on seeking revenge. However, his memory faded as soon after he had passed over the mountain that surrounded Blackrock. "I don't remember that," he mumbled.

"The sedative probably did that to you," Lalna told him. "It's not unusual." He glanced up at the IV bag, lifting his chin as he did so. Rythian noted with some satisfaction that a few purple fingerprints showed on his throat. "What happened to you before that?" Lalna again pressed the subject.

"It doesn't matter," the mage squinted up at him suspiciously. He doubted that Lalna would believe the truth, that he honestly didn't know what had happened, though he guessed it had been caused by endermagic. "It wouldn't make a difference if I did tell you and you tried to fix it. I'd still try to kill you."

Lalna snorted. "You couldn't kill me, Rythian." He took Rythian's wrist in his hand and slid the needle out of his arm. Rythian watched as it was removed.

"I promise you, I will kill you as soon as I get a chance."

"Do you really think I should give you another chance?" Lalna bandaged the wound. "Is that what you really want? We could fight right now," he offered. For a moment, Rythian was certain he was joking. Then Lalna unbuckled the straps that pinned the mage to the table.

"Come on," the scientist prompted him, his arms outstretched. "Come and get me." He stepped back and waited for the mage to rise.

Rythian considered him for a moment. Lalna wore no armor, but still kept his morningstar at his waist. If the mage could take that, then he had a chance. He dragged himself into a sitting position, slowly realizing just how weak Lalna's drugs had made him. His determination made him continue. Rythian pushed himself onto his feet. He swayed for a moment, bracing himself with a hand on the table. He stepped forwards, his eyes locked on Lalna.