Chapter 17- Heavy Dose of Wake the Fuck Up

Chase

This day was not getting any better.

“Get off me.” Harvey said harshly.  Not that I think he meant to, but I could see it in his eyes that he cared about what Jolie just thought she saw, he worried about it messing things up for them.

“Sorry.” I bit my lip.  Harvey got up quickly, his eyes never meeting mine, though they were only a few minutes ago, and also, a few minutes ago we were laughing, he was laughing hysterically while I playfully tried to choke him at least.  I mean he deserved to really be choked for scaring the crap out of me, but I KNOW that wasn't what it looked like.  He got up, rolling his eyes and ran toward the door, closing it with a loud thud as he called out her name.

I did like Harvey.  I mean, how could I not?  He was exactly what I wanted, a complete butthead, a playful jerk, with the most beautiful eyes, and charming smile that exclaimed ‘I AM UP TO NO GOOD!’, but I also knew that he had a thing for Jolie, and she had a thing for him as well, though she never showed it until now…. But was I being that girl?  The one to try to steal guys from people?  Was I just flirting with Harvey, just then?  It was fun, and I was only joking, but maybe it was, maybe it was flirting and I don’t know anymore.

I grabbed my towel that surprisingly was still wrapped around my body securely, and thanked God that it had stayed on during that whole play out.  Talk about embarrassing.  I rewrapped myself self-consciously, wondering if I have let myself change into the monster that Jolie continued to portray me as.

I slowly walked back to the shower and cleaned my body over again.  I stayed in there and let the hot water run over me, almost consuming-ly, the soap suds ran down and into the water collecting at my feet and ran to the drain.  If only I could melt and let the drain swallow me whole, I thought to myself.  I let myself ponder what choices I had.  

Jolie was most likely through with me this time.

I almost smiled at all the crap she dealt with and stuck around for though.  I couldn’t help but laugh when I began remembering all the traveling and people we met together along the way.  She was really my sister, and even though we weren’t biologically sisters… I was kind of glad for that.  She then had a chance to live a good long life and cherish it, that was, if she were born into my family, but if I was born into her family, that would have been different, I wouldn't be afraid to go to sleep and never wake up, to become slightly retarded, like my father, I would become sick and throw up like my mom did before she died.... If I were born into Jolie's family I might've had a chance...

I chuckled to myself as I bit down on my lip, thinking of better times, that was all that was going to get me through not crying my eyes out in the shower...

High school was where we met.  I met her through a friend of mine.  He was a close neighbor, and only a grade younger than I.  He was ridiculously smart and he and this very amazing other person in particular let me join them at lunch every day, and their group.  I was just a youngin then, I didn’t know why they would even consider me as a friend, I wasn’t particularly smart, but I was grateful, and I was estatic for the other individual who accepted me was a guy I had felt I had a connection with.  Tall Brunette with gorgeous hazel eyes, dark green, and a brighter yellowish green ish blue on the edges.  His dimples only enhanced his unbelievably attractive smile, baring the white pearls that seemed to be perfectly aligned.  The guy was a gift from god, playing soccer, and running track, his body was toned and I had no idea what they were both thinking, the most brilliant guy and the most attractive guy in school- both talking to me.  It wasn’t long until people wondered who I was, and most wanted to get to know me.  And It wasn’t long until my small crush became ridiculously a monster of a crush, which would last longer than the expiration date of a bag of skittles.  IF anyone was more cliche, it was me, the new girl, falling for the hot guy at school.  He was smart too, and witty, a complete jerkface, but also a gentelman.