Chapter 10- Second Visit

I woke to the sound of our alarm going off, Jolie tunes it out to the point that it’s completely useless, so I got down and turned it off, shaking her to wake her up.

“5 more minutes.” She says lazily.

“Okay, Jolie.  I’m going to school early, so you’re going to have to really wake up in 5 minutes.”

“Kay…” she says sleepily and I leave the room to eat.

I came back 8 minutes later, and woke her up, she refused to, but I knew not to allow her to wake up late for school, so I nudged, shook and talked to her to wake her up.  She finally came to life when I began massaging her cold hands.  She watched me massage her hands, but in a soothing way.  I used to always do this when she got nervous.  I don’t know why, but I guess I just felt like I needed to sooth her all the time.

It was equally just as soothing to me, but I stopped abruptly, feeling close to telling her about everything, my dad, the Red Society, Justin,everything, but once it was out, I didn’t know if I could hold myself together.  For some reason keeping it all inside was like the tape to keeping me from cracking, it was all holding me together.

I got up and went down to the school.  I went to the gym and began working out, a stress reliever for me, and planned to come back to the gym during lunch and after school, as I probably won’t be welcomed by Jolie either…when she finds out what I had done.

While in my thoughts I hadn’t noticed Jonathan, Pecks come sit by me.

“I’ve been staring at you for some time.” He smiled at me, but the whole idea of him staring at me for extensive periods of time was weird for me.

“Aw shucks…” I said lightly, offering a small smile.

“Are you busy Friday night?”

“Yes.”

“Well, you shouldn’t be.  Serena is having a party, and I always go to her parties, they’re always a hit.”

“But I am…” I said smiling, but my voice was flat.… I knew Peck’s type.  And as much as I hated being mean to people, I made exceptions for pricks like Pecks and people like Jared.  Pecks, looking like a ggod and a half was just a clear sighn of a heartbreaker.

“Don’t worry princess, I like you, whatever you had to do, I can take care of it.”

“No, I really am not interested in going to a party.” I tried but he cut me off.

“Do you know who I am?” He asked lifting up an eyebrow.

“A fellow alumni at this high school?” I asked lightly.

“My uncle is a very importiant ....guy… I’m ridiculously rich.” He offered as if I would be tempted by such things.  "I practically run this school."

“I have plans.” I said firmly to try to make sense to him.

“What are you wearing to homecoming?”  he asked, leaning closer.

“Uh, personal space, please Jonathan.” I said sternly.

“Is my wealth repulsing you?” He snickered.

“Something like that.” I answered, and got up as he didn’t seem to want to move away.

“Jackie Johnson, you are an interesting creature.” He mused as I heard him follow me.

I rolled my eyes, “Jonathon.” I tried, “I’m not interested.”

“Whoa, are…are you dating anyone?” He asked seriously, dropping his weird façade.