Chapter 25- Passing Time

Chase

Stepping out into the cold almost darkening night, trudging in the now 2 inches of snow that accumulated during the past two days.  It’s been about 2 months since Jolie and I got to the school, two and a half weeks since my father passed away, and not only was he the last of my family, but the last of my friends didn’t seem to like very much now either.  Jolie can’t stand to look at me, while I packed, she stayed in the kitchen, cleaning and baking.  Usually she only did one of the two things, and Jolie also cleaned or baked when she was mad, but she was doing both, and I felt like I had wronged her more than Justin has ever wronged her, more than anyone has or will ever, and it hurt me to be the villain in her life, the antagonist, the liar… I should have just told her, I should have been honest.  I used to be honest, I mean, other than my parents, but when did dishonesty become a big part of my life?  When was it when I actually became good at lying?  Maybe that should have been a sign?  Has it threatened my morals?  Has it affected my judgment, and somehow obscured my good intentions?  I mean, I can’t be all that good, if everyone I know personally seems to be against me.  I took out my phone and felt the wind whipping at my hair.  I typed in my password and checked into my twitter account.

I was just so happy she woke up.

I remember the moment she opened her eyes my heart fluttered, bringing back to life; she was okay.  My best friend had woken up, but then without much of a warning she turned, looked at me pointedly and glared.  My warming heart had about broke. 

I sighed when I saw my picture with Jared at the hospital on my page.

STILL RECOUPERATING, JOLIE STILL CAN’T STOP BAKING AND CLEANING, SOMETIMES I WONDER WHO’S OLDER.  I wrote quickly and signed off.

Time to get out of the cold, and into the ‘new’ dorm, I shook my head, looking about me, hoping no one would see me.  I wasn’t allowed in their dorms let alone sleep in one, or temporarily live in one.

This was all a bad idea, but I shrugged to myself, there really wasn’t anywhere else to go.

I took my three bags, and trudged through the snow.  Looking around at the campus I could help but gasp.  I always loved when it newly snowed, everything was lightly covered in white, the lights turning on automatically when it darkened a bit more, and shone brightly, the tops, also covered with a layer of snow, making me think of the lamp post in Narnia.  I hoped I’d get a chance to see dad soon.  Since he passed I felt incomplete, unless I was with him.  I had never felt so alone before, I had never felt so horribly and disgustingly alone.  I came to the door and was greeted with a cheery welcome.  The door flung open, as bags were lifted out of my grasp by many arms, then one hand grabbed mine and pulled me in, presenting me in their bright living room.  All the lights were oddly turned on, and I saw 5 cheery faces smiling at me.  I guessed the 6th in his room, but I didn’t care.

Or so I told myself.

Or maybe I really didn’t care…

“Finally! I thought you got lost!” Leo scuffed, as if he was really questioning my IQ.

“Shut up!” I smiled and shoved him.

The hand in mine pulled away and I noticed that Harvey’s hand had been retreating away.  Why did he…

“Well, the boys have all thought about sharing rooms-“ Daniel began.

“More like bribed-“ Leo grinned.

“And pulled straws?” I guessed, hearing some sort of mention about them pulling straws to date us earlier, and took a guess.

“How’d you know- er.. I mean” Harvey tried.