Chapter 22

Pete death gripped my hand as we walked to find Joe and Andy. We went down the hallway. I pulled my hand from his and hugged his waist stopping him.

"What is it?" he asked.

"I wanted to hug you" I whispered.  He hugged me back.  "I wanted to tell you how thankful I am.  You protected me all those years.  And all I ever did was give you shit for it.  Sometimes I didn't but mainly I did.  I gave you shit for being over protective but all you were doing was trying your best to keep the one thing you have alive.  I'm so thankful now.  I see it now.  When I didn't have you there to protect me.  I saw it" He hugged back tightly holding me.  It felt protective.  I felt so protected just being in his arms.

"I'm gonna show you something" He said gently.  He lifted up my chin so I was staring in his eyes.  We weren't at the captive holding building.  Now we were at my old house.  I was about fourteen.  I remembered it well, it was the day my dad had first beat me.  I was standing in my bedroom sobbing.  I saw Pete sitting in a tree.  He looked different.  Black short hair.  I knew this Pete.  I lived next to this Pete.  He looked into the window with a pained expression.  He jumped from the tree.  I watched him grab my dad outside and throw him against a tree.  I remembered that.  The next day he came home cut up, bruised, and he had a broken arm.  Then I was back staring up at present day Pete.

"Why'd you do that?" I asked.

"You saw how much it hurt me.  To see you get hurt" he leaned down to kiss me.

"How do you do that?" I asked.  He stopped and blinked. 

"Uh, just focus on the memory and take me into it with you" I smiled and stared directly into his eyes.  I blinked and we were exactly where I wanted us to be.  Pete looked around confused.  I looked over at younger me.  Me who had a giant crush on Pete talking to Andy.

"Andy he's so cute" I gushed.  I flopped on my bed "His name's Pete"

"The guy just moved in Patrick" Andy giggled. 

"I know but I can tell he's perfect in every way" I smiled at my younger self.  Pete couldn't see me.  It was like watching the memory from above or something.  "You think he's gay?"

"Patrick he looks like that?  With that kind of dough?  Hell no.  He's probably straighter than Donald Trump"  Andy shook his head.  Younger me bit his lip.  "Sorry Trick.  Keep dreamin"

"Well I think he's hot"

"I'll tell him" Andy sat up and opened my window. 

"Hey my friend Patrick thinks you're hot!" he yelled.  Pete looked over.  Younger me tackled Andy to the ground.  He laughed and the memory ended.  Pete looked down at me.

"You're such a dork" he said smiling.

"Did you hear it?  Being a vampire?"

"I heard the end part.  Not the rest" He kissed me gently then pulled away again.  "Wish you would have gotten the guts to talk to me sooner" he mumbled.  His lips ticked mine. 

"Why didn't you talk to me?" he smiled.

"Well, believe it or not, I was nervous too" He smiled again.

"Yikes" I giggled.  He pecked my lips.

"I love you honey bear" I whispered.

"Yeah, I love you too.  Mon amour"  He ran his finger down my cheek.

"Hey love birds!" Andy yelled "Let's get out of here!" We smiled at each other then ran after him. 

I was ready for anything now.  Even an eternity with the most jealous, hard headed, over bearing, lovable, snuggly, cuddly, annoying teddy bear alive.  Yet, my favorite teddy bear nonetheless.  It was gonna be a long fuckin eternity but at least I had Pete to keep me up and running.  Hey, get it?  Cause I'm a vampire and I run fast?  Eh, whatever. 

The End.

Bloodsucker.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें