Chapter 7

"So.  Welcome to vampire training with me, your lovely husband,as your coach" He said motioning to the woods.

"My lovely husband should feed me before I get really, really grumpy" I said.  He nodded.

"Okay.  So just relax" I did "No close your eyes" He covered my eyes with his hands.  "Take a whiff" I sniffed the air.  A million scents hit me at a time.  I smelled Pete.  I smelled the grass, the trees, then, I smelled a deer.  "Now listen" I heard a million sounds now . But I focused on the deers heart.  I listened to its blood rush through it.  My fangs grew out which was kind of an awkward feeling.  "You smell it?" he asked.  I zoomed away from him running through the forest.  I knew my eyes definitely had to be red.  I looked around until I saw it.  The deer.  It tried to run but I grabbed it tackling it to the ground.  I punched its head so hard it died then and there.  Then I bit it. I closed my eyes letting the blood drip into my mouth.  It was the most satisfying taste I'd ever had.  I sucked it until I was full the I looked up.  Pete was standing there smiling with his arms cross.  He leaned against a tree.  Blood ran down my chin. 

"You never fail to amaze me" he said as I sped over to him.  "I didn't even teach you how to hunt but yet you did it.  How'd it taste?"

"Amazing" I sighed. 

"Remember humans blood can be hard to resist but I know you'll be able to handle it" He used his sleeve to get the blood off my chin "And, I have a wedding present for you"

"Stop it you're spoiling me" I pouted.  He knew I hated when he spent money on me.

"Well, it's more for both of us" He smiled.  I bit my lip and he kissed my forehead.  "I'm still gonna protect you Patrick.  Even if you can handle anything yourself I swore that I'd protect you until the end of my existence" He ran the back of his hand down my cheek.  "You're still so fragile to me.  You're not warm anymore"

"I've no blood" I said.  He nodded. 

"And your heart, it doesn't beat anymore" he pressed his hand over my heart and frowned.  "I should've said no"

"I couldn't keep up with you.  Now I can" He smiled a little bit. 

"Speaking of that.  Wanna see the present?" he asked.  I shrugged and nodded.  "Okay" he covered my eyes with his hands again.

"Ah jeez here we go" I groaned.  He laughed.
-----
"Okay.  Now I know you said you wanted to run away.  But I knew leaving your family isn't something you wanna do yet.  So I figured we could wait maybe a year or two"

"Pete just uncover my eyes" I giggled.  He slowly moved his hands off my eyes.  I gasped at the absolutely beautiful house that was in front of me.  It was small and perfect. 

"I built it with Joes help.  He knows about it and so does your mom" I covered my mouth with my hand.

"Oh god" I said "Oh my god it's perfect" He shoved a key in my hand "Oh Pete it's beautiful"

"Go take a look inside"

"When did you do this?" I asked.

"While you were at school"

"Is this why Joe was absent so much?" I asked.  He nodded.  I opened the door slowly.  "Oh my god" the living room was just as beautiful as the house.  The kitchen was small but it was absolutely perfect for Pete and I.  Pete watched me from the doorway.  I looked around at everything.  "This is amazing" I said.  I went to the back of the house.  A bathroom and our room.  With a bed?  We don't sleep.  I turned to face Pete.   "We don't sleep" I mumbled.

"No" he said "We don't.  That beds for something else" He grabbed my waist "And now you can keep up with me" he said in my ear.  My breathing hitched.  He laughed darkly in my ear.  Oh god fucking bless this man.
-----
He was right; I could definitely keep up now.  We never had to stop for getting tired.  Or to eat.  Or to even catch our breath.  He played with my hair gently.  I smiled up at him as he laid on top of me.  No one really topped in our relationship.  We took turns.

"Hey" he mumbled. 

"Hey" I said.  I focused on him and something really fucking weird happened.  I heard him say I was beautiful.  But his mouth didn't move.  "What?" I asked.

"What?" he asked. 

"You said something"

"No I didn't" he mumbled.  He asked if I was hearing things. 

"No I'm not hearing things.  You said I was beautiful" His eyes widened a little.  Now he was talking about vampire powers. 

"What about vampire powers?" I asked.  

"Patrick I think you can hear my thoughts" He said "I think you're gifted"

"Like how you can control emotions?" I asked.

"Yeah" he said.  I smiled a little to myself.  He chuckled.  In his mind he said I was cute.

"Thank you" I said smiling.

"This is gonna get really annoying really fast.  I wonder if it's a choice or if you naturally just read minds"

"Let's see" I took my focus off of reading his mind and focused on how pretty his eyes are.  He smiled.

"Did you hear that?" He asked.  I shook my head no.  "So I guess it is a choice"

"Guess that means you should be on your best behavior in that head of yours huh?" I asked smirking.

"Me?  On my best behavior?  Ha" He stuck his tongue out at me.  I focused on reading his mind. 

"My mom called?" I asked. 

"Oh yeah, I was gonna tell you but uh then we started fucking" He shrugged. 

"And stop thinking about me at our wedding that suit made me look fat"

"What?" he asked "You looked beautiful.  How could I not think about you like that?"

"I need to call my mom" I reached over for my phone.  Yes I got a new one.  Than you Luke.  He watched me dial her number.  I put the phone to my ear. 

"Hello?"

"Hi mom"

"Hey, where are you?  You guy disappeared last night"

"We're at home.  Just laying in bed"

"Well can you guys come over?" I looked Pete.  He shrugged. 

"Sure what time?"

"Uh two hours work?"

"Yeah. Bye mom"

"Bye"

I looked at Pete again.

"Two hours" he mumbled. He started kissing my neck "Whatever can we do in two hours?" I giggled.