Chapter 20

I freaked out when I woke up.  I'd never gone more psycho.  I was punching bars and bending them.  Finally, Luke came in just as I was getting out.  I moved the bars to the side screaming. 

"Calm down baby boy" he said smirking.  I tried to move but my ankles were chained to the wall.  I attempted to break the chains but they wouldn't budge.  "I know someone who makes steel so strong not even new borns can break it"

"Where's Pete!?" I screamed.  My fangs grew out "I'll kill you if you hurt him!"

"Oh but you won't" he stuck his bottom lip out in false sympathy. "He's perfectly okay at home.  But his precious husband isn't" I stopped struggling.  I looked down at my hand staring at my rings "He's probably going insane looking for you.  He's probably freaking out.  Breaking things.  Screaming his pathetic lungs out" he circled around me.  "Maybe he's getting help from that werewolf of yours.  And maybe it's because I have Joe as well" I screamed and tried to lung at him but the chains wouldn't budge.  I glared at him.

"Don't you dare hurt Joe!"

"Wouldn't dream of it sweets" He grabbed my arms and pushed me backwards against my struggling.  He cuffed both my hands so they were chained as well.  He pressed his nose against my cheek.  I turned my head to the side closing my eyes.  "I'll be back soon" He licked my cheek and I whimpered.  He chuckled then he was gone.  I tried to move but those chains were unbreakable.  Plus, I felt weak.  Weak and hopeless.  I needed Pete by my side.  It terrified me knowing he wouldn't be here through this.  I thought about my mom.  Thought about my family.  Thought about my husband.  Andy.  Joe.  Everyone who meant something to me.  I felt like I had to keep fighting so I could protect them.  But how could I fight when I was trapped.  I closed my eyes.  I guess I couldn't.  Growing up my mom always told me to be strong.  Especially with my dad.  Right now I needed to be strong yet I was so weak.  I looked up at my wedding rings.

"I need you" I whispered "All those times I complained.  I complained about how over protective you were even when I was human.  Now I wish you were here scolding me.  I wish you were here to protect me" I was talking to rings.  Was I okay?  Fuck it.  "I love you so much Pete.  I'm so sorry.  Sorry I couldn't be stronger for you.  Sorry for all those times I complained" I smiled and shut my eyes again.  The door opened. 

"I brought you something to drink" Luke said throwing me a blood bag.  "Goodnight doll face"

"Don't call me that"

"Excuse you?" He asked suddenly closer to me.  I'll call you what I wanna call you is that clear!?" he smacked me across the face.  "I asked you a question!"

"Yes.  It's clear" I mumbled.  He smiled and kissed my lips.  I didn't kiss back. he pat my head. 

"See you in the morning bub" He slammed the door shut behind him.