Chapter 11

"Why are you watching me read?" I mumbled as Pete stared at me intently. I flipped the next page in my book. It was really interesting. It was about WWII.

"Because sometimes you make cute faces when you get really into it and I love it" He'd been watching me for an hour now I just decided to finally point it out.

"I see" I mumbled turning to the next page. "Is this gonna be an all night event?"

"If you keep reading it could be" He said.

"And you're not bored?" I asked looking over at him. He shook his head.

"When you're around everything's exciting. Even watching you read" I closed the book gently and placed it at the foot of the bed. "I'm really gonna miss watching you sleep" He ran the back of his finger up and down my cheek "I liked when you talked to me. When you made cute little snoring noises. When you would make cute faces"

"I would talk to you?" he nodded.

"You made cute snoring noises too. Like snuffly" He smiled. I sighed.  "What's the matter mon amour?  Remember you're the mind reader here not me"

"Do you regret making me this?  Be honest" I started to read his mind.  No.

"No" he mumbled. 

"Are you sure?" I asked.  He nodded.  But his mind said differently.  I just miss some of your human qualities.  Watching you sleep.  Eat.  Listening to your heartbeat.  I know you're hearing this.  I blinked a little and he smiled.

"I can tell when you're reading someones mind.  You just focus on them a bit too much" he said.  I love you so much you're my world Patrick.

"I love you too" I whispered. 

"No matter what you are, wolf, human, vampire, I'm always gonna love you Patrick"

"I know" I cuddled into him.  He hugged my shoulders.  "I'm always gonna love you too" He started kissing me heavily then my phone ran interrupting our moment and what probably could've been some amazing sex.  I pouted at it while I checked who was calling. 

"Hi mom" I said answering.

"Am I interrupting something?"

"My chances of getting laid tonight but other than that no"

"I'm still your mother Patrick"

"You've made more sexual innuendos about Pete and I then I have!"

"I was joking.  Anyway I wanted to talk to you tomorrow about well, your father and I.  Alone.  No Pete.  Would you be up for that?" I looked up at Pete.  He shook his head no.  His eyes were black. 

"It's just my mom why?" I asked.

"Because of Luke"

"I can protect myself" He looked a bit hurt.  I frowned "Okay" I said gently.

"Patrick?"

"I'm not comfortable being around him without Pete" I bit the inside of my cheek.  "He hurt me" Now I actually did want Pete to go.  My dad scared me more than anything else.