30

Simon's P.O.V.

I ran to the shop, a shop where you get rings and that is where I saw it. The perfect ring. I remember it from when Josh and I were looking for rings for Freya. He fell in love with this ring, except for the fact that it was for a guy.

~flashback~

"Simon!" Josh whined as I ran downstairs to see him sitting in the kitchen around the island.

"What?" I said laughing at his stupidness.

"Can you help me look through this catalog? I want to find the perfect ring." He said as I sat down and looked at him.

As he looked me in the eye I felt everything in the moment stop and my heart had skipped a beat.

"Okay, show me what you are thinking." I said as he showed me his options so far, "okay, I mean I really like that ring, except for the fact it's meant for a guy."

I said laughing as I rested my head on Josh's shoulder as he started to laugh hysterically.

"Well then, I don't think Freya would like that." He said as my eyes started to water.

"Shut up, it's not that funny." He said shoving me playfully.

"It's fucking hilarious. You literally were looking at the men's section." I said as he laughed with me.

"Okay, it's pretty darn hilarious."

~end of flashback~

I smiled as I looked at the ring remembering the moments with Josh.

"I would like to buy this ring." I said to the lady as she smiled.

"Who is this for?" She asked as I smiled thinking about Josh.

"It's kind of hard to explain. He's not my boyfriend, he's my best friend. We both love each other and we got into a humongous fight, but I need to do this for him. To show him that he's the one for me." I said as she smiled.

"You go and win that boys heart." She said handing me the ring.

I smiled and left the store. I ran to the one area where I knew I would find Josh. It was sadly raining by the time that I got out of the shop.

I ran to a bridge as I saw Josh standing looked out at the ocean.

"Josh!" I yelled as I started to remember the day he left.

~flashback~

As I watched the truck slowly pull out of the driveway and it went down the street. I felt my heart break into two. Everything hurt as the rain started to pour.

I went inside and broke down in front of everyone as they tried to help me.

What I never brought up was the fact that Josh had come back.

"Hey, I wanted this to be my for real goodbye." He said as he walked into my room and hugged me.

"What happened?" I said as he just pulled from the hug and smiled.

"I don't know if I should go. I mean this is my home-"

"Josh, you love Freya right? Well then go be with her." I said as he smiled.

"I knew you would be there for me. I just needed reassurance." He then went out of my room and I heard him go down the two flight of stairs.

I fucked up for real this time. He wouldn't have just come back for me.

I ran down the stairs and ran out in the pouring rain as I saw him get into the truck.