Chapter 26:First day

Start from the beginning

"Alright kids! I want you all to meet our new instructor!" Taiyō yelled to the class.
Tsuki gestured his hands towards me."Her name, is Moonlight D Arabella. From now on, she'll be helping you & I with some fighting skills. Treat her well with respect, and give her a warm welcome."

I stepped forward."I want you all to just call me Arabella. Its a pleasure to meet all of you."

"GOOD MORNING, ARABELLA-SAAAAAN!"

Taiyō grinned & clapped his hands."All righty then! Lets get started, then!"
"Yes, Taiyō-san!"

As the kids went off to get set up for knife work, Taiyō jogged up to me.

"So what do you want me to do?" I asked.
Taiyō hummed in thought."Well, if you see one of the kids having trouble, could you help them out?"
"Sure, I'll do that."
Taiyō flashed me a smile."Thanks. If you need help, just ask either Tsuki or me."

Tsuki, Taiyō & I spread out along the rocky field, and observed the kids. My eyes scanned along the class, and I noticed that there was only a handful of girls. There was probably only up to eight girls in the class.

'Why aren't there so many girls? Quite possibly there's gotta be more, right? Hmm...maybe its only this class that has more boys than girls?'

"Arabella-san." Tsuki called.
"Yes, Tsuki-san?"
"You look troubled. Is something wrong?"
I shook my head."I'm just wondering about the amount of girls in this class..is it like that in all of the classes?"

"Yes. There's a reason behind that. When we find children alone out on the streets, the girls & some boys tend to be easily captured for slavery & to be sold in human trafficking by the Celestial Dragons, and other organizations like that. Whereas the boys manage to not be easily captured. We try to track down where the movements of those organizations...but they move around the world so much that it makes it hard for us to find them all."

I gasped."Thats...thats horrible..!"

Tsuki nods."They're all lucky to be here, in my opinion. They're all learning how to defend themselves from those sorts of people put there. I don't want to see any of these kids to be held captive by Celestials, and other people like them. Years before they joined here, they were all either abandoned, had their families killed, involved in slavery and/or sold to different people around the world."

'I can't even imagine what it would've been like for them..they would've been absolutely soul-less when they first got here. These poor kids..'

"But,"Tsuki carried on."its okay now. They're all learning, fighting & doing their best right now. When Dragon-san finally over throws the Government, we won't have any problems like that anymore."
I nod."Yeah, that sounds great!"

Just as we were about to carry on with our conversation, I noticed that there was one girl who looked like she was having trouble with something. I quickly told Tsuki that I was gonna help the girl, then I went off. I put on a friendly & calm demeanor towards the girl, and kneeled down to her level. The young girl had pink hair tied up in pig tails, and yellow eyes.

"Hey there, are you having trouble?"
She nods."Y-yeah..."
"Whats your name?"I asked.
"A-Amaya."
I smiled."Well, hello Amaya, and what can I help you with?"

"Well...you see, I don't have confidence in myself. Whenever its time to duel, I always lose easily, and some of the kids..-"Amaya bit her lip, not finishing her sentence.
"What do the kids do to you?"I asked gently.
"S-some of them are mean to me because of it. I want to fight them off, but I just freeze up, and want to hide."Amaya stammered.

I quickly did a quick scan of the area, and saw that some of the kids were watching Amaya like she was fresh meat. In the pit of my soul, I could feel myself taking pity for this young girl. I turned my attention back to Amaya, and gently put my hand on her head in a big sisterly like way.