Chapter 24 - Encouragement

Start from the beginning

Arata and Akio weren't making any fuss actually. They had become reserved during the time they spent in the mansion. They were happy and energetic when we went out alone or met up with Juo and Sumire sama. But within the mansion, they were extremely quiet and timid.

The main reason why I wanted to have dinner with my brothers, spending more time than usual with them was because I had to tell them about the plan tomorrow. I would have to sneak into their room early in the morning, wake them up, get them dressed and head to the shrine for the secret wedding. It was going to be quite a feat getting out of the mansion unnoticed. I hope we could do it without any problems.

"Hmmm, they've been a little troublesome, huh? Well, we cant have them creating any trouble on our wedding. I guess you could spend some time with them to make sure they're docile for the next few days." Hiru's voice was indifferent and slightly annoyed.

My hand twitched on the necklace. Docile? He wanted my brothers to be docile? They weren't animals who had to be made submissive in any way! How could he be using such words on my brothers?!

I kept my cool though and stood up. I picked up both the jewelry boxes, closed them and held them to my chest. I smiled at Hiru. "Yeah, I'll be on my way then."

"Okay. I'll miss having you for dinner." Hiru reached out and caressed my cheek with the back of his fingers. I restrained from rolling my eyes at the dramatic comment.

I closed my eyes and responded half heartedly as he leaned down to give me a chaste kiss. He pulled away quickly, which I was glad for, before walking out of the dressing room with me. We parted ways in the hallway, with me heading to my room to put away the jewelry before I went to see my brothers.

When I entered the room where my brothers were staying, I was greeted by loud cheers and glomps violent enough to make me fall onto my rear. The only reason why I was able to stay standing was because I took a hold on the door frame before I was knocked down by my brothers.

I chuckled and kneeled in front of them as they let me go. I ruffled their heads earning grins.

"Nee chan! You're here early!" "I want to show you my drawing! I got first prize in the school competition today!" They cheered as they dragged me into the room.

Megumi san was there too and I gave her a smile and a bow as I sat on the bed. She returned it and continued to take down the dried clothes.

"See! See! I drew a waterfall and a boat and a tree! Sensei said I did well!" Akio held up an A3 sheet of paper on which he had drawn. I took it from him and dropped my jaw dramatically to show him how awed I was by it.

"That's very beautiful, Akio! The waterfall looks so real!" As I said so, I brought him into a cuddle and he giggled while nuzzling into my cheek.

"Nee chan! Sensei gave me an award for most sharing person in class!" Arata held out a cutely designed certificate that had his name and class written on it. There were three golden sticker stars stuck onto it and the teacher had written 'Good Job!' and a smiley.

"Congratulations, Arata! I always knew you and Akio are very good boys!" They were so excited at the good comments they had gotten in the midterm evaluation. And I was just as proud.

"Now why don't you two finish off your homework? We'll be having dinner together and I will read you your favorite book before you go to sleep!" I clapped my hands together giving them an encouraging smile.

They nodded vigorously before running to their school bags and taking out their notebooks to finish their homework. They sat at the small tables in the side of the room and got busy with writing and coloring and everything else they had to finish for tomorrow's class. Although, I doubt they would be attending class tomorrow....