37.

Brads POV:

And then she hangs up...

My heart swells at hearing her voice again but tears start to brim up in my eyes as she tells me she's not coming home, my body doesn't know how to take it so with sheer anger I pick up the bottle that held my beer and lobbed it at the nearest wall, watching it shatter against the brick wall and crumble on the concrete.

I'm outside a pub drinking away my memories of Taylor, when I hear the most awful sound in the world.

"BRAD! ARE YOU INSANE!" Jess squealed at the top of her lungs.

"Yeah!" I laugh. "I must be fucking insane to have ever let you manipulate me into this relationship! And... Let Taylor go" I take 2 big, deep breathes before balling my fist and hitting it against the brick wall that broke my bottle.

"FUCK!" I scream out In agony for my hand and my heart.

"Oh my god! That looks broken.. Er.. Quick get in my car I'll drive you hospital!" She panics ushering me over to the car. We climb in and she drives off rushing to the hospital.

"Why are you being so nice.. Acting like you care" I scoff pushing the pain to the back of my head.

"I do care.. If I didn't care I would have let you go"

"No Jess.. If you cared at all you would have let me go, you'd see how happy Taylor makes me and how happy I make her"

"Taylor always made other people happy"

"What?"

"Our dad before he left.. He loved Taylor, she was too young to remember but he never told me he loved me he told Taylor all the time, even once he left us he still use make time to see Taylor.. It was always about Taylor, my father hated me Brad but you know it's fine I hated him! " she takes a deep breathe. "Even as I got older and started dating guys, they all loved Taylor, they'd tell me how cute she was and how she's gonna be a little heartbreaker when she's older.. But they always ended up leaving me or cheating on me and-" I stop her.

"You blame Taylor "

"I blamed myself.. For a really long time, but yes now I blame her, you were the one boy who never made me feel like you were ever gonna leave me or paid Taylor attention.. And then" she stops, I look over to her and watch a tear fall. I see how jealous she's always been of Taylor and how insecure she is, it's weird seeing her like this.

"Why'd you think I jumped straight into becoming a lawyer? I never wanted to be one it was just to make my mum proud of me"

"You know what Jess, you are a sick, sad, attention seeking little girl-" I started I couldn't believe her sick attempt to make me pitty her. But as I looked over and saw he silently sobbing I couldn't help but feel bad, because at one point I did love this girl and it was clear she had some dark demons but at the end of the day she just didn't wanna be alone, she wanted to be loved and she wanted to be loved by me.

"But I'm going to marry you" I said watching her sad face turn to surprised happy face.

Taylor's off having an adventure with Jamie, at least I'm with someone who loves me... Even if I love their little sister.