34.

Taylor's POV:

It's a Saturday night and I'm sat in my room wearing Brads ACDC top and my underwear, crying. Things have been getting too much lately and this was just me letting it all out, I put The 1975 Acoustic playlist on full so no one can hear me and just sit and let it all out. It's not fair, my life's not fair! Why did I have to fall for the one boy I can't have, I could have any boy at sixth form and now I'm going to Uni I could have any guy there but.. I don't want them I want Brad!

"I want Brad!" I sob to myself till I heard a faint knock on the door. I grab my phone and turn the volume down on my speaker.

"Hello?" I said quickly wiping my tears away and trying to compose myself.

"Taylor? It's mum.. Can I come in?" My mother said sounding unusually kind.

"Yeah" I croaked.

"Is everything okay?" She said shutting the door behind herself and sitting down next to me on the bed.

"What'd you mean? I'm fine" I fake laugh.

"You know Taylor, just because I'm a fire breathing, witch most of the time doesn't mean I'm not still your mother" she said making me laugh for real. "And as your Mother, it's my job to know when your sad, happy, nervous or heartbroken?" She said.

"Mum, if you knew me at all youd know no one can break my heart"

"Oh but you and I but know that's a lie Taylor, cause you'r Father broke your heart, Did he not?" She said fiddling with her fingers nervously talking about the unwanted subject, my Father left my Mother when I was 13 and my mother suffered greatly from it, she lost all self confidence and I guess we was all in a really bad place with Men, apart from Jess of course she's always had a boyfriend.. Weather it lasted a week, a month or a year but me I was never able to be loved by another man I guess I take after my mum more then I thought.

"So come on tell me what's happened" she said

I took a deep breath and tried to think of a way of telling my mum without actually telling her.

"Let's just say Boys lie a lot and keep it at that, okay? Boys tell you one thing and do the complete opposite! Like I promise it's over between me and her, it's you I want not her! And then I find them getting off together in the storage cupboard or right under my nose" I said sighing.

"Oh Taylor baby" my mum said pulling me into a hug whilst I sobbed. "His an idiot but you should know Men, their pigs! Their never happy and they always want more.. You shouldn't make yourself become their more because you are enough just on your own!" She said holding my face in her hands, this is the most emotion I've seen from my mum in a long time and it was refreshing to hear her advice, it made me think.. She's right! I am enough and if Brad can't see that or if his too busy been spun in my sisters web of lies then that's him, NOT me!

"Thank you mum" she smiled at me before getting up and leaving my room. Quickly, I got up and took brads top off putting my oversized black t shirt dress on and quickly slipping on my high tops vans. I picked up my phone and dialled Brads number.

"Taylor! Ah you don't know how good it is-" I cut him off.

"Brad.. Meet me at the Shipman pub in 10" I said and hung up. I grabbed my leather jacket, my cigarettes and quietly headed out the door.

I was so nervous for what was about to happen that I had to quickly stop off at the shops and buy a mini bottle of vodka to take the ease off. I reach the pub and sit on the wall outside drinking the vodka.

I see a car pull up and a curly head climb out of it, I smile as I see him in his signature black skinny jeans, a burgundy shirt with too many buttons undone, black Doc Martin shoes and a leather jacket.

"Hey gorgeous!" He smiles and joins me on the wall. I chicken out and keep my head down, this was harder then I thought.

"Are you gonna offer me some?" He said sarcastically referring to the bottle in my hand.

"Look Brad, I-I'm moving down to Edinburgh early" the words tumbled out of my mouth one after the other, His face was a picture of confusion.

"What? I-i thought we were gonna try and make this work?  Tell your mum and everyone about us and run away together? ... That was the dream" he said.

"I can't do this anymore Brad! I'm sorry, I can't keep hurting like this, this...it's killing me! Having you so near and so far away is killing me!" I stood up infront of him and saw he had tears in his eyes, my heart stopped, my mouth even though it was parted no words were coming out. His eyes finally made contact with mine when one single tear rolled down his cheek.

"N-no please Taylor.. You can't leave me" he begged, the fact HE was begging ME not to leave was killing me more, but I knew I had to. He stood up to face me and grabbed my my head pulling me closer to him and attacking my lips with his. "I love you Taylor... I love you" he mumbled against my lips tears streaming down his face and mine.

"NO!" I screamed and pushed him off me, he looked at me with hurt in his eyes and mouthed I love you.  My head was everywhere and I knew if I stayed here any longer I would end up caving into his eyes, so I picked up my bottle of vodka and ran, I ran away from him, from the love of my life because we could never be together.

As soon as I got home I packed up all my things  and phoned Jamie.

"Jamie, I-I I need you" I croaked down the phone.

"Taylor? Are you okay?"

"No, I need you to runaway with me Jamie"

"What?"

"I don't wanna be in this town for a second longer, I need you my bestfriend to come with me"

The phone call fell silent but my tears didn't stop running.

"Okay... I'll take my dads car and be over in 5"

"Thank you" I smiled out of relief and carried my stuff downstairs and waited for the car horn to signal my escape.