Chapter 7: A Day With Mama

Lucy's POV:

My bed was so warm and comfy, I didn't want to get up. I turned over to my side and something stopped my movement. It wasn't the wall, or a pillow, it was a person. "Natsu what are you doing in my bed!" I shouted. Then I pulled the blanket off each of us and it leaded gently on the floor. I gasped. It wasn't Natsu but Zena. She was fast asleep on my chest. Her hands had a tight grin on my pajamas. I put my hand on her side and shook her. "Zena." I whispered. She then started to squirm around in the bed getting more comfortable on to me.

"Mama." She said. Although she was half asleep. Then I felt something drip onto me. I looked at Zena and tears were coming from her face. "Mama!" She cried until she woke up seconds later. She looked at my face. It was in shock. After a few moments of being wake, I immediately hugged me. I felt tears on my back as I tightly squeezed her. "M-Mama!" She then started to ball her red out. Zena grabbed me and returned my tight hug.

"Please don't cry, Zena." I began, silencing her crying. "I'm here." Her crying suddenly stopped.

"Will you be my mama?" It was the weirdest question I have ever been asked. All I could do was smile and nod.

"Why are you two hugging?" A voice said from the window. Happy was carrying him. "Hey, by the way kid I forgave you for beating me up in our fight yesterday." I saw him blush slightly trying not to show either of us his face. I giggled.

"Thanks! I guess." Zena replied.

"Oh Natsu tell the guild were not going to be at the hall for the whole day. Me and Zena are going shopping!" Zena's face light up. Natsu and happy nodded while flying away.

Zena's POV:

Today I give to spend the whole day with Mama! Before I came to Fairy Tail papa told me not to get attached to anyone. But I just couldn't help it. Mama is nice and sweet and like a real mom. I've always wanted one. But all I had was my brothers and sisters that obeyed my every wish. It was boring at home. But with Mama I feel safe. Like nothing ever bad can happen if I'm next to her. I-I love her!

She got dressed and I just sat on the bed since I slept in the only clothes I had. A plain black dress, with no shoes. Together we walked to a huge store with a lot of pretty clothing. "Now Zena, we are here for you so pick put some clothes that you like." She gave me a smile and a began to walk around. After what felt like forever I picked out an outfit, but picked out numerous amounts of that same outfit. It was a black shirt with yellow trim at the bottom and soft black shorts that go to my thigh. "Are you sure you only what that?" Mama asked. I smiled holding the bags of clothes in both hands and nodded. "And shoes?" I laughed.

"Silly Mama, I don't need shoes. Their weird!" I cried laughing. Then Mama joined in and started laughing with me. I soon stopped when I got a glimpse of a strange looking castle across the street. "Hey Mama," I pointed to the castle "what's that?" Mama chuckled a little bit at my question.

"Zena, it's a playground!" She took one of the bags out of my hand and held my hand while walking over to the playground thing. "It's where kids play and have fun. Didn't your dad ever take you to a playground?" She asked. I shook my head no. She lightly smiled at me and placed the bags on a bench. She suddenly picked me up and started to run with me in her arms. I laughed and smiled. She put me down when we reached the top of the playground. "Now sit on your butt." She said playfully. I did want I was asked and sat in front of a steep ramp. "This is a slide!" She said as she pushed me gently onto the slide. I slid down and laughed the whole way down.

"That was so much fun!" I cried. Then for about an hour or two me and Mama played on the playground. Many people walked by us and thanks to my hyper hearing I heard each word. "That girl is so cute!" "Is that blonde old enough to have a child?" "I wish I was as happy as that mother and daughter!" One comment after the next, but Mama didn't notice or mind them. We laid in the glass of a small hill looking up at the stars.

"The stars are early." Mama noted.

"Early?" I looked up and noticed it was still light out but stars were all over the place.

"My mother once told me that if the stars are early, then for someone on Earth it was the best day ever!" I started to tear up but wiped them instead. I came closer to her and began cuddling into her. She was so warm and soft. I could stay here forever. Some after she started rubbing my head which I loved. Her hands were smooth and smelt like vanilla.

"Your right. It was the best day ever." I righted my grip on her shirt. "Because I'm with you Mama. You make me happy and when I'm next to you I feel so much safer then I would ever be with my papa or my brothers and sisters!" I couldn't help myself. I started to cry. My tears running down my face and onto Mama's shirt. It didn't seem to bother her. "I never want it to end!" I shouted. "P-please Mama, never leave me! No matter what! Because, because your my Mama!" I lost it. I was balling my eyes out. Putting my face in the warmth of Mama's body and shirt. She lifted my head out her chest and looked at me with her bright brown eyes. She smiled.

"Doesn't worry, my dear little Zena." Even Mama began to cry. She tears streamed down her face landing on the grass. "I won't ever leave you!" She hugged me. She hugged me so tight I could hear her heart beat. I was shocked how tight her grip on me was. I finally hugged back. Then we drifted asleep on the grass.