Chapter 23

After my blow up at Jason, the house was silent for a moment. Then suddenly crashes and shouts were heard. Jason was yelling, screaming and throwing stuff. I could here Bethany plead for him to stop. Then suddenly, a flashback hit me.

"Dad! Stop please! You're going to kill him!" My sister screams as my dad throws my brother into the living room wall. My brothers body went through it, causing a gaping hole to appear as my brother fell to the ground. "Shut up!" My father yelled, pulling my sister back into the kitchen where she was doing the dishes. "You want to talk back you little bitch?" He questions. Suddenly, my father slaps her hard on her right cheek. My sister cries out and holds her reddening cheek. He suddenly grabs her by her neck and shoves her head in the water, only allowing her to come up after she started struggling for air. He then left her and walked over to me. I was in the bathroom doing my chores, and watching with fear filled eyes. "Why aren't you cleaning?" He questioned coldly. Before I could answer, he slapped me, and grabbed my neck, slamming me into the wall, cutting off my air supply as he choked me. Just as I started to fade out, he let go and backed away from me as I fell to the ground. He looked down at me with such hate before he walked away. I thought we were all going to die that night...

When the flashback was over I could feel the sobs shaking my body. I let out a loud wail, causing downstairs to go silent. "Just shut up! Get out of my head!" I scream, clutching at my hair. Footsteps rush up the stairs. The door burst open and the whole gang stands there in shock.

My gashes on my cheek had opened up again do to my tears. Blood rushed down my face as tears ran to meet the sticky red substance. My hair was in a jumbled up mess as I clutched at it. I was in a fetal position, clutching my knees to my chest as I cried.

I noticed Jason wasn't among them, and sobbed harder as the front door slammed shut. Ryan seemed to notice this, and he and Bethany rushed downstairs after sharing a look. Davis crouched in front of me slowly, eyeing me wearily as I jerked away from him.

"I want Jason!" I yell. Davis backs away quickly as I start screeching madly "Jason! Give me Jason! I want Jason, you damn fool! Get away from me you asshat! Give me Jason!"

I hear footsteps run up the steps and perk up slightly. My savior is coming for me! When the door opens... It's not Jason. Its only Ryan. I stand quickly and lunge at him, pushing him out of the way as I run down the stairs, pushing Bethany out of the way. I yank open the front door to see...  No one. Jason left... I sit down on the stairs and cry silently.

(Jason's POV)

I stop throwing things as I hear Anna cry out. I run my hands through my hair as I yank the front door open just as Anna yells from upstairs. "Just shut up! Get out of my head!" She screams. Everyone but me rushes up the stairs. I rush out the door, grabbing my keys and my wallet, closing the door quickly.

As I reach my car, the front door opens and Bethany and Ryan come running towards me. "She's going crazy man. She needs you" Ryan sighs, as he runs back into the house, with Bethany behind him.

Just then I hear Anna yell at Davis "I want Jason! Jason! Give me Jason! I want Jason, you damn fool! Get away from me you asshat! Give me Jason!"

I close my eyes and open them again, and rush to my car. I open the car door, and shut it, and turn it on. I rev the engine and speed away from the house.

I wanted to stay... But I would've made it worse. I needed to think. Her words ran through my head.

You aren't the same Jason I loved when I was little. This one is a jerk, and I cant wait to get my mom and get away from you.

This all could've been avoided if she never said that stupid comment about my mom. She knows the damage it did to me, how it affects me.

Then she gets in a fight in a bar. Getting in a fight at the bar is normal for me, but she broke a chicks nose. She was crazy, almost animal like. I may like that in bed but not... Never mind. Then she has the audacity to blame it on me.

Yea, I made out with a chick, so what? It didn't mean anything. I was just angry. I wanted to hurt her, make her feel pain like she made me feel for years when we was with Bentley.

That cant be a healthy relationship. Getting even, hurting each other just because we hold resentment towards each other at the moment. I don't want to hurt her.... She just keeps pushing my buttons.

I want her to feel safe,  like she can come to me and talk to me about anything. I want her to cuddle me when she's cold, talk to me when she's sad. Hear her laugh when she's happy and be there to comfort her when she's crying.

I didn't want to hide the information about who has her mom but it'd kill her. She doesn't want to know Chandler, her best friend, and Kenny, her own father, has her mother. That'd break her.

I pull off into the parking lot, it's empty as usual. Only the caregiver, Jerry, is here sometimes. He's a nice older man, he knows me by heart and respects my space when I come here.

I walk down the path that leads me to my mom's grave stone. I have the path memorized. It's like my second home when I need to talk to someone. I face the grave, a solemn look on my face as I study it. The stone is starting to age, but you can perfectly see the inscription.

In loving memory of Angie Janet McCann. (1976- 1999). A loving mother and wife. "I won't give up on you... So don't give up on me"

I sigh and sit next to her grave, being mindful not to step on hers, or any other graves. I look up and the sky the back at her grave, before I begin to speak.

"Mom... I miss you. More than words can describe. I wish you were here. You always gave the best advice... I don't know what to do. I love her, but she brings out both the best and the worst parts of me. She makes me want to be good, and change. Just as we're doing good, someone goes and messes it all up. When I snap when I'm with her... I can't stop. It's like I'm a puppet and someone else is pulling the strings." I pause and look around, taking in the peacefulness of the cemetery.

I feel at home here. Its a cemetery for only McCann's and their loved ones. Every headstone is someone from the McCann family, or their partner.

"I was hoping to get buried here with her. Right next to you. You'd love her. She's the type of girl you always preached about. Strong, independent, happy, caring. She makes me happy... But I screwed it all up today. I cheated, and now she hates me. I love her, but when she hurts me, I just hurt her back. Thats not how a relationship should be. Thats how you and him acted. I refuse to become like him. That's why I'm trying to change. For me, and her. Anna. I don't want her to hate me mom. I made a mistake with that girl at the bar. It was stupid. All I want is her. I want to marry her, have a family with her. I want to be there for her through anything." I stop talking as a twig snaps behind me. I don't see anyone, but look at the time on my phone. I've been gone for hours. I quickly kiss my mother's name on the grave stone and mumble an "I love you mom" before getting up. I wipe the grass off my jeans as I make my way to my car. I look over, and spot a shadow in the corner of the graveyard. "Jerry?" I call out. The shadow doesn't move. "This isn't funny! Why are you on Private property? Get the fuck out of here you scoundrel!"

Suddenly the figure laughs coldly, and out of the shadows comes a man I've never seen before. "So lets talk about you being in love with my daughter."

(A/n: so thats it for this chapter! Anna had a flashback, and you got to see how jason acts with his mom. You learned that the mystery man Chandler was talking to was kenny, anna's father, and now he wants to talk to jason! Sorry its short, just thought it should end there! Anyways. Like and comment. I'll be uploading more often, and my chapters will be longer than before. Word count: 1,564)