Chapter 6

After my realization, all I can do is stare numbly down at Bentley. I can feel the physical pain starting in my chest. I wish I could say I was happy he was gone so he wasn't suffering... but the sad reality is I wish he was in pain rather than gone forever. Selfish, but true. I need to make Jason fall for me. I need to get away from him... looks like Bentley's dying wish is going to come true

A little while later I hear footsteps making their way down the steps. I stare down at Bentley, not looking up as Jason comes into view. "It's been an hour." He says simply. I look up at him blankly. "Okay." I say simply. "Anna... I could hear you screaming..." I look back down at Bentley, brushing hair from his cold pale skin. "Well... that's what happens when loved ones die." I say.

"You have blood all over you... let's get you a shower" I pull away from Bentley, and gently put him down. "I'll have Chaz take care of him" Jason adds. "No. I want to do it." Jason sighs, "Anna... I don't think that's a good idea..." I glare at him. "I don't give a damn what you think. I'm burying him properly. He's the love of my life, not yours." I snap harshly. Jason's eyes darken into a black pitch. "I'd watch who you speak to like that princess." I sigh heavily, fighting the urge to punch him. I need to put my plan in action. "Im sorry Jase... I just... im going to miss him. I wanna bury him" I wrap my arms around Jason and hug him.

I feel repulsed as he slowly wraps his arms around me and hugs me. I feel him kissing my head, and he sighs into my hair. "You can bury him... but I want to be with you when you do it." I just nod, resisting the urge to roll my eyes. I won't let him come. He's not ruining Bentley's funeral. None of this stupid gang is. I decide to speak up, "I want it somewhere close. So I can go and see him." Jason stiffens, "We... can manage it..." I just nod, hugging him tightly to me. I really hope he's buying it. I know im laying it on thick, but any normal grieving girl would need someone."Come on, let's get you showered and in training. We can- you can- bury him tomorrow." He adds. I nod and follow him away from the cell. I glance back at Bentley's mangled body. Careful Jason McCann, you just messed with the wrong couple...

(Jason's POV)

Anna has been in the shower for almost an hour. I'm sure she had already gotten the bit- Bentley's- blood off her beautiful skin. I'm surprised she warmed up to me so quickly after his death. I mean, I heard her screaming in pain for the dude, but then she goes and hugs me after. Me, the guy that killed her stupid "loved one". Give me a break. It must be a trick or something they cooked up before he died. All I know is, I defiantly don't trust her. If she wants to play dirty, she's got it. Anna, watch out...you just messed with the wrong gang leader, and im much better at playing dirty then you are. 

(Authors note: hey guys! so let me know and comment if you think i should keep updating this story daily. so comment and vote and let me know what you think. sorry for any grammar errors!)