Chapter 3

Jason leads me to a bedroom. A very clean bedroom. It has gray everything. "This is my room. You'll sleep in here with me. I'll sleep on the floor, you get the bed. Do you want to shower?" he asks. I nod sheepishly. "The bathroom is right through that door. I'll leave some clothes for you by the door. Come downstairs when you're ready." He says huskily. I nod and walk to the bathroom. I stare at myself in the mirror briefly, taking deep breaths. I get in the shower letting the hot water cascade down my back.

What am I doing? I should be home, laying with Bentley and complaining that I have to take care for his massive hangover. He'd kiss me softly, and beg for my forgiveness. I'd forgive him quickly as soon as I saw his puppy dog eyes. My chest tightens as I think about Bentley. I've been with him for nearly a year.

Now some guy I barely know makes me forget all about Bentley as soon as he walks into the dang room. I barely know the guy either! Jason seems oddly familiar. I feel like I know him. There's something there, I swear.

I quickly wash my hair and body and shave my legs with the girly products on the shelf. When I get out, I wrap myself in a towel. I open the door slightly, and grab the clothes. Dang. Good thing I shaved. I pull on the outfit (a red tank top, and denim short shorts) quickly. I brush my hair with a brush that was left on the counter, I assume its Justin's. Eh, oh well. He can suck it.

I walk out of the bathroom, and down the stairs. I stop when I hear talking. I recognize a voice, Justin's. I stay hidden and listen to what they're talking about.

"She doesn't know yet?" a voice asks. "No, Ryan. I've told you three freaking times. I haven't told her. I'm waiting for her to figure it out." My ears perk up at this. "What if she doesn't remember you though? It was forever ago. She's prolly not the same Anna" Ryan says softly. "She will. She's the same old Anna I loved back then and that's why I still love her now. I know it, Ry." Jason snaps. Ryan goes quiet. "Bro...?" he asks hesitantly. Jason gives an 'hm' of recognition. "Your girl has been in the shower for an awful long time." Jason sighs and gets up.

I panic, and quietly run back upstairs, and into his bedroom. I run into his bathroom, grabbing a brush acting like I just started brushing my hair. Jason walks in and knocks on the bathroom door frame, staring openly at me. "Um... I borrowed your brush... hope you don't mind" I say sheepishly. "It's fine. Just come downstairs with me. We have some stuff to discuss." He says huskily. I nod, and follow him down the stairs. I sit on the living room couch.

"We decided, you still need an education. So we will still allow you to go to your school. However, you must have one person in the gang with you at all times. No telling our secrets, what goes on here, or where we are located? Fail to do so, and we will find you, and punish you accordingly. There will be no contact with Bentley or I will personally let Stacy go at him. Understood?" Jason asks. I nod slowly. "You'll start back at school in two weeks. When you get comfortable here. Your cover story is that you needed to get away for a little bit, and that you're living with some friends. I already took all your stuff from your house, and left a note for your mom saying that you needed some time." I sit there dumbly. He had all this planned for a long time... "So where is my stuff?" I say. Jason sighs, "After all I just said that's what you took of it?" I nod, biting my lip to keep from laughing. "I put it in a storage locker. It's the best one in the city. Im paying 50$ a month for it so it'll be safe" I get up. "I need food. Jason come help me?" I inquire. He nods and follows me.

I look around at the white kitchen. Let's be honest here. My cooking skills are very little. I can make tacos, tuna noodle casserole, and mac and cheese. "I'll make something. I don't need you burning my house down" Jason smirks, pulling out ingredients. I sit down at the counter. "You cook?" I ask curiously. He nods, and concentrates on his task "grew up with two sisters. You like Macaroni and tomatoes right?" I nod silently. Looking down at my nails. "I remember." I whisper.