Ch 18- Protective

Playlist For This Chapter:
-Radioactive (Imagine Dragons)

Niall's POV:

I couldn't sleep with this beautiful girl lying next to me. I should be able to sleep like a baby, but I can't help but think of how she kissed Harry and how she's not mine and how.. Ugh! Just everything! I'm a guy, I don't know what to think!

Just as I had finally drifted off to sleep, I heard banging on the door.

I went to stand and open the door, but it flung open.

Harry.

"Niall, who the h**l do you think you are?!"

Oh great. Drunk Harry.

I tried to slip out of Kaylieh's grasp without waking her. It worked. Now all I have to do is shut Harry up so he doesn't wake her.

"Harry, I can explain."

"Sure you can! You're in here sleeping with my ex! Anything else you'd like to add to the explanation?" he shouted.

I sighed. "You know what? Go ahead, beat me up, but don't wake up Kaylieh."

I don't know why I didn't want him to wake her. I guess I was being really protective and wishing she was mine to protect.

"Do you know what, Niall?! It sucks to know that your best friend, your brother, would sleep with your ex, your true love!"

His words pierced through me. I was an awful person, and Harry was right.

"You know what else sucks, Harry? Knowing that your best friend can't even tell when your madly in love!" I spat back.

Kaylieh stirred a little, then sat up.

"Hey, babe. You awake?" I asked sweetly.

"Don't call her babe," Harry growled lowly from behind me.

I rolled my eyes.

"Harry? Niall?" she questioned not understanding the situation.

"Yeah," I said slowly, "Harry was just leaving."

Harry turned to walk out and fell to the ground.

"Harry!" Kaylieh and I shouted in unison.

She ran over to his nearly unconscious body that had taken in far too much alcohol.

"Niall, I'm going to take him to his room. I'll see you later," she said placing a swift kiss on my cheek.

She wrapped an arm around Harry and helped him out.

"S**T!!!" I yelled slamming my fist on the kitchen counter as I took another swig of whiskey and trudged to my room.

(A/N: oooh, Niiialll! No swearing, mister! BUT GUYS TICKETS ARE GOING ONSALE!!! IM FREAKING OUT!! I'm going to the Atlanta show!!! Well it's not 100% but were about 90% sure I'm going!! AHHHH! But me and my dad got into a huge fight and UGHH! but I turned to God and felt way better so always think to go to the Bible or just pray. <3 -Charley:)