Ch 2- Left To Myself

Playlist For This Chapter:
-Gone, Gone, Gone (Phillip Phillips)
-Beside You (5 Seconds of Summer)
-Airplanes (B.O.B featuring Hayley Williams)

Kaylieh's POV:

After strolling through the streets of Atlanta for hours, I went home to my dad's. I grabbed the key to the house from my key ring and unlocked the door.

"Daaaadd! I'm home!" I yelled letting my voice ring through the halls.

I heard large footsteps walking closer to me and I smiled.

"Kaylieh? Oh, sweetheart! Your home! You're home. Why are you home?" he asked chuckling.

I laughed. "I just decided I had had enough of England.." I shrugged.

He looked at me oddly but consumed me into a big hug.

"Well, I'm so glad you're home! Are you tired?" he asked as we walked to the living room.

"A little. Time zone switching was a bit crazy. I caught a little sleep on the flight. So I'm good for now."

I looked over at the big, rustic, elegant clock on the wall and realized it was nearly ten at night. Then, I glanced at my dad in his Georgia football boxers and white t-shirt.

"Oh! It's late. You should go to bed, Dad," I exclaimed.

He agreed and walked back to his bedroom. I walked up to my bedroom and plopped on the bed. I remembered my phone was turned off and I took my phone out of pocket holding down the top button.

As soon as my iPhone powered on, it continuously buzzed with texts, missed calls, voicemails, tweets, direct messages, even emails.

I skipped over them all and went straight to the dialer. I called the first person that came to mind.

...

...

...

Please pick up.. PLEASE pick up..

..

"Hello?" a groggy Irish voice asked.

"Hey, Ni.." I said slowly not really knowing why I called him or what to say.

"Kay Kay? Kaylieh?! KAY-"

"Niall! Shut up!!" I yelled through the phone.

"Kay Kay, where are you?! We've been worried sick!"

Really? They've been worried about me? It makes me feel good in a way but guilty in another.

"Ni, shhh. Don't let anyone know you're talking to me."

"What? Why?" he questioned.

"Please."

"Alright. Hold on... Ok. Sorry, I had to walk out onto the hotel balcony.. What's up?"

I sighed. "I'm back home. In Atlanta. DONT TELL ANYONE. Just let them know I'm ok."

"Not even Harry?" he almost whispered.

"No. I don't want to get in the way of his career," I said telling myself I don't need him.

"Soo.. Are you going to break up with him?.."

I sighed heavily. "I guess so, Ni. I don't know what else to do. I've realized that I'm just getting in the way. He has a great career and I can't hold him back in any way. I am too much drama for you boys. Besides, Harry can have any girl he wants. I'm nothing special," I said and exhaled loudly.

"Kay Kay. You are special and you aren't holding us back. Harry needs you. I need you. We need you. You can't just walk out and expect to leave our lives forever."

"I'm not saying I'll never see you guys again. But what I am saying is that, you guys can go live your lives and I'll live mine."

"And do you want me to tell Harry or.."

"Please. I don't think I will be able to tell him.. Just tell him tomorrow," I said feeling the tears well up.

"Okay. Well, unless you need to talk about anything else, I'm going back to bed.."

"Oh my gosh, Ni! I'm so sorry! I forgot you were sleeping! I'm so sorry for waking you! Go back to sleep, babe."

"It's alright. I'm going to miss you, Kay Kay."

There it goes. The tears slipped down my cheeks.

I sniffed quietly.

"I'm going to miss you too. Love you, Ni."

"Love you too, Kay Kay."

And with that, I tapped the end button on my screen.

Tomorrow I'm breaking up with one of my best friends.. He'll probably be a upset at first, but he'll get over it. But I won't. This is going to kill me inside.

But it's for the best.

I kept telling myself that. It was almost like counting sheep. Letting the same thing jump through my mind over and over again, trying to convince myself that it's helping. But sleep quickly took over my "sheep" thoughts and my eyes fluttered closed. Leaving me with no one but myself.