Chapter 43: Hysteria

Their eyes met. Natsu took a sharp breath, body trembling, mind blank. His eyes darken, teeth grinding past one another tightly and fist trembling from restrain. Ignite had an expression no one can explain. Her hands were clenched on her skirt and she was biting her lower lip. Her eyes were completely fixed on the new comer. Sting couldn't even find the time for his amusement. The atmosphere was just that thick.

"Natsu..." the man trailed off, shock was still printed in his face and a tear slipped. Everyone gasped.

Hearing his name, Natsu shot up and glared at the man. He ran up front and punched him square in the face. The older fell down and stayed motionless on the floor. Eyes cast down, filled with some much regret and sadness. Everyone froze, Ignite stood up as quickly as she can calling Natsu's name as he ran out of the room. Ignite turned to the whole class with both worry printed on her face.

Gray and the others were somewhat more surprise than the rest. Mostly Gray. Ignite's brows knitted in confusion. She then turned to the devastated man, still sitting there with a broken look. Ignite helped him up.

"Ignite..." he croaked, Ignite bit her lip and stared at the entrance.

"I'll go talk him," She says and without waiting for a reply, she left. The man closed his eyes and inhaled deeply then faced them all, trying to wipe the tear that slipped.

"I apologize for the commotion," He started, voice deep and authorative. Far from the one he used to call Natsu's name. "From this point, I will be your new Enthernano instructor. I am Zeref." 

[This distraction is brought to you by I-can't-think-of-anything]

"Nana,"  Ignite called as they sprinted in the halls.

Natsu ignored her. Well, from the constant bumps and trips, he seems to be ignoring everything. Ignite could tell that something is going on in his brain. Judging from the clenching of his fist and the obvious malice and anger in his expression, it had something to do with the previous events. Though, she didn't mention anything. She'll build that boiling anger out until it erupts on its own.

"Nana" She called, a little louder this time.

But, she was ignored again. She didn't miss the darkening of his expression. She pouted, she doesn't like to be ignored, not by Natsu at least. She sighed deeply, knowing exactly what the other was thinking. Natsu kicked the door open and that was when she realized that they were on the roof. Natsu paced around, back and forth. Mutters were flowing around in thin air. Ignite followed him with her gaze. She took a deep breath.

"Natsu...!" She yelled. Natsu stopped and turned to glare at her. "Huh? What's with that look, bastard?" She warned, eyes narrowed and shap. Natsu clicked his tongue and turned away. "Calm down," She says, although a tone of carefreeness slipped, she mentally cursed when Natsu glared at her.

"Calm down? Calm down?! I am calm!" He snapped.

"In which part are you calm?" Ignite demanded. "Look at yourself!" Ignite gestured. "You look like you want to lash out like a dog," She taunted.

"How can you still joke around me like this?" The way he had said it, Ignite knew that it was a statement rather than a question. Natsu halt, confusing her.

'What now?' She thought with frustration. She hid her surprise when Natsu turned to glare harder at her  and growled through his teeth as realization hit him.

"The way you're acting makes me think that you anticipated this," Natsu accused. Ignite clicked her tongue in annoyance.

'Oh boy....' she rolled her eyes.