Chapter 25: Limit

His throat burns. His voice is hoarse. His heart aches. He's weak, very weak. He can't anymore, how did he know? Because the tears had stopped. He's numb, he can't move, rather he refused to move. He's afraid that if he as much as to breath, he'll ruin something again. But he knows that not doing anything will do no good, he just realize that not long ago. Time will not stop for him, and he won't move just to chase to Time. 

Did he lose his reason? Probably. Will he move forward? Or continue to dwell in the past? Who knows. But he knows one thing; he's alive. He's breathing, he can move, he can feel his heart break into  million pieces to the point it can't be repaired. He doesn't know how long he'd been there, how long he was staring blankly at the darkening sky, how long he was waiting in vain. But what was be waiting for? For Natsu to come busting through the door laughing his ass off as it turns out it was only a joke? 

No. It was not that. He waiting for the world to crumble, this world. Because this is all just a big ass joke. An entertainment for the bored ones. Not just that, he waiting for him to wake up. That's right. He's in his room, sleeping soundly. None of anything happened. And it won't happened. Natsu would normally greet every morning. He'd flirt with one of those seniors, he'll see Lucy chatting with Levy. Everything will be fine by the time he wakes up. He'll see the beauty of reality again. 

Excuses! Stop running away! Face it like the goddamn man you are, coward!

'Ah. That's right. I am a coward' 

Damn right you are. Pathetic.

And there he goes again. He breaks down completely. He shouldn't be affected. Natsu doesn't know anything about him. He can't just make assumptions. Damn know-it-all. But what the idiot said were all bull's eye. Be laughs bitterly and choked another sob. He shouldn't be wasting his time crying his eyes out. He stands up and makes his way through the door. Loke disappeared into the shadows, along with the last bit of light from the sun.

And so~  

Natsu didn't go back to the dorms, he strolled to the park and just sat at the swing set. He didn't regret his decision. He was selfish, but everyone is. Is it a sin? Whose to decide? If what he did was wrong, then what was the right thing to do? Moreover, who's going to do it? Despite this, he knows he's gonna be a lot of trouble, considering the fact that if Sting, Gray, or Rogue finds out about this, he'll have one heck of a night in their room. As much as possible, he doesn't want to engage a fight. He's tired, both physically and mentally.

"What have I done?" Natsu watched the last sunlight disappear before he got up and walked to to the dorm.

Gray wondered as to why Loke's eyes were red. Sting, Rogue, and Gray himself, waited for Loke at the school gates. It took them awhile. While waiting, he noticed Sting would occasionally growl, and Rogue glaring at the school rooftop. He even heard Sting mutter 'Bastard' or would tell them off  'I'm going to kill him'. But, Gray didn't pry.

"Loke. Hey, What's wrong?" He asked, Loke was walking like a soul-less being. He didn't utter a word, not even a nod nor a gesture. He sent Rogue a look, but he was ignored. He sighed. They were hiding something but if they don't want to tell him, he'll respect that. Though, that doesn't mean he'll just stand and watch. No, it means he's free to find it out on his own. This isn't the first time anyway. They reached their dorm, Loke sprinted towards his room. "Loke?!" He called, he felt a tap on his shoulder and turned to see Sting.

"Don't worry. I'm sure Lyon will notice and reprimand him," Sting grinned and opened their door. Gray nodded, but he knows. 

"Yeah. I hope so," He muttered and entered their room. He sighed deeply and flopped down his bed and started to rant about his friends' silence.