Chapter 34:Missed Beat

'Aunt!'

Grandeeney made her way to Natsu, who kept his head down and stood stil. Gray watched the two with both fascination and confusion. So this is what Natsu meant when he said 'very important'. A family reunion, what do you know. Fantastic. Very fantastic. Yeah right! Grandeeney held her hand out and she brought her fingers up and tilted Natsu's chin and angled it towards her. She examined every new detail. Then, she suddenly slapped him. Natsu stood still. Completely not expecting his calm and lovable aunt to raise her hand against him. 

"Kid. Natsu, you don't know how worried we were!" She scolded and suddenly embraced him tightly. 

"Yeah. I'm sorr,." Natsu choked and hesitantly embraced her back. Gray felt left out, it was not dramatic but down right hilarious. Natsu looks like a lil'pup, being scolded by his owner. Gray turned around and stifled a laugh. Natsu shot a glare at him the second Gray looked over his shoulders. But instead of stopping, it fueled his humor even more. 

'I'll kill that Ice-cube later!' Natsu swore. Completely oblivious with his death grip on his aunt. Grandeeney just smiled even more, taking the gesture on a whole meaning, as if Natsu just misses her as much as she misses him.

"It's fine, brat. You really made us worry," Grandeeney sighed and patted his head.  Grandeeney's hands slid down to his face and angled his head once again. "You've grown quite well," she says. "So feminine and graceful! And your skin is very soft like a girl. You let your hair grow too! It's so silky and smooth. Natsu, you're glowing!" She squealed.

 Natsu could only stand there. Gray held his stomach and bit his tongue, trying to stop his laughter once again, but failing miserably. Natsu was completely helpless. Natsu heard Gray's silent amusement, his mood suddenly darken and shot a monstrous glare towards him. Gray shivered and shrunk down, still suppressing his laughter. Natsu cracked his knuckles.

Gray laughed hard with anime tears spraying out of his eyes. Natsu's annoyed expression was like a priceless painting to him. Gray made a run for it and directly dashed outside, Natsu following from behind. They ran around the porch like the brats they are.  Grandeeney followed them. She watched as the two play around. Suddenly a memory came to her.

"Igneel! Get back here!" A young woman with black hair chased Igneel.

"Heh. No way. You're only going to hit me," Igneel answered and ran.

" No. I won't. So, get back her so I can kick you!." She retaliated. 

"Another reason for me not to go near you," He deadpan. 

" I'll be sure to burn you to dust!" She hollered.

"Good luck with that, Zima!" Igneel fake cheered and continued to run. 

"Fight me head on, you fire-headed asshole!" She pointed accusingly at him.

"I'm all fired up!" 

'Seriously... He's more like his mother than his father,' Grandeeney recalled.

"Get back here, ice-princess!." Natsu yelled. Due to the running, Natsu's scent oozed, Grandeeney caught a whiff of it and she flinched.

'This smell! she thought, completely alarmed. 

Gray grabbed Natsu's uniform, Natsu thrashed causing his buttons to snap and the scarf to loosen, exposing his skin. Grandeeney narrowed her eyes and watched intently.  Natsu's uniform was blowing from behind, causing it slide slightly and his scarf fell without him noticing. Grandeeney examined him, she didn't miss the cross-like scar. Her eyes moved upward and widen as she caught glimpse of Natsu's shoulder.