Chapter 11

"That son of a-"

"Now now. Don't cuss. There are little kids." I scowl at the guy on the bed. He was surrounded by tissues and pills which he refuses to take. Thinks he could live with out it.

"Hey I'm not little." Violet pouts crossing her arms. I pat her cheek with a reassuring smile. So sweet but has an attitude like me sometimes.

"No dear I was talking about Roy." I insult Roy who gives me a look. It makes him look childish.

"Who you talking about." Roy glares at me while trying to tie a knot. "Hey Violet can you teach me how to make this knot in the bracelet again?"

Enrique, Violet, and I shake our head. We were all in Enrique's room because he still has the cold. And the reason is because he refuses to take his pills. Why? Because he says he can fight through the cold by himself. Suuurreee.

Violet and Roy leave the room after they tie Roy's bracelet that the two were making. They were just checking up on Enrique. I on the other hand, have to keep him updated with everything that is going on. Basically I have been in charge for a while without anyone knowing. Meaning I did everything on the down-low. 

"Damn you and your health." Enrique glares at me. He's mad that I got better and he didn't. Oh well.

"Just take the medicine and you'll be better."

He shakes his head refusing. I sigh and give up. He was to stubborn. The only thing to do is take care of his sorry butt and wait.

...

Three whole days. That's how long it took. The worst days of my life. I feel bad for whoever Enrique's wife or caretaker is in the future. My eyes have bags underneath that could be considered as weights. I yawn as I enter the office and pull my sweater tight around my body to warm myself up. The desk was empty as usual meaning Enrique wasn't working inside the office today. 

There was a bag on my desk though and had a certain logo on it. I grin getting excited. Wasting no time I opened the bag and took out my brand new phone. It came with face recognition meaning it was the latest model. Enrique had of course took care of the sim and having his phone number saved to favorites along with Roy's. I added Rina, Kyle and also Elijah's which was the only one I memorized since it was similar to my old one.  

Ring. The noise from the office phone ended my brief happiness. Back to work.  

Four hours later I hear a bang from the main office door. My eyes flicker up from my work in annoyance with whoever it was that didn't bother to knock. Pursing my lips I stand up making my way out of my part of the office. 

"Who do you think y-" I'm already glaring before I see a figure in view. "Oh it's just you." I calm a bit when realizing it was Enrique. Then my eyes trail to his hand that was clutching his shoulder. His bloody shoulder.

"Don't s-" He tries to tell me but I do the opposite and let out a scream. I start hyperventilating as my memory jogs back to the war. I blink trying to regain self-control. His shoulder needed to be tended and I can't just stand here with out doing anything. 

"Okay sit down."  I order him. He narrows his eyes at me as if to say- he didn't have to follow my orders. I raise my eyebrow as if to say- oh really?

"It's just a cut." 

"And hell is just a sauna." I counter back remembering a qoute. 

That makes him sit down without a word. I grab the first-aid kit placing it on his desk. Removing his hand from his shoulder I bite down a gasp. The bullet was still in there. Not to far in but enough to do damage that would leave a scar. How the hell was this 'Just a cut'? I take a deep breath before starting to remove the bullet with the metal tool that I made sure to wipe first. After what seemed like forever I finished treating wound.  I cut his tattered shirt to finish bandaging.

Tattoos. A lot of them. Mostly on his back but a few on his front to. Also scars. So many scars.

"You're good at this." His rough voice cuts off my thoughts.

"Yeah, I was studying a little of emergency medical assistant while working." I mutter through my lips concentrating on putting the supplies away. My mind lingers on how that someone actually shot him. "Deal go wrong?"My voice is unwavering.

"Some sh*t like that." I hear a groan as he stands up to walk towards the wall. Placing his hand on the wall I hear a beep. 

The wall clicks and opens. My eyes go wide and mouth hangs open. Enrique walks inside casually leaving me looking like a fool. 

"Are you coming or not?" His voice wakes me up from the shock.

"Uh... yeah." I scurry inside curious of what was inside. 

At first it was all dark and the door shut behind us. All of a sudden lights came on all at once. A bedroom. Of course it looked like it came from a first class with a king sized bed with lavished bedding. A mini fridge next to the dresser. Two other doors. Which led to a big walk in closet and bathroom that was classy with marble floors and Jacuzzi. 

Enrique rampages through the mini fridge and grabs a water throwing it at me. I catch it before he grabs himself a bottle of an alcoholic drink that I don't recognize. He pops it open before drinking then lays down on the bed. I wait for a few minutes before speaking. 

"So..." The silence is deafening as I fiddle with the bottle. "What am I supposed to do?" 

Silence. An arm covers his face and I can't read his expression. The steady rise and fall of his chest is the only thing that assures me that he isn't, in fact ,dead. I tip-toe over to the bed. I peer through his arm where his eyed are closed shut. I sigh shaking my head. He looked like an exhausted teen after a long week of finals. I put the covers over him since he lacked a shirt and it was a bit chilly. 

My thoughts drift as I mentally laugh at myself. Here I was working with the most powerfully feared man in America. The one gang that killed my family, and I'm tucking him in bed. I shut my thoughts down and turn to leave but stop.

A tug on my shirt stops me. "Stay, please." A murmur of words I never thought I'd hear. Something in his voice breaks me. Before I could answer, I'm was already on the bed with arms around my waist.

"Your shoulder." I scold at him as he peers open one eye. 

"Mhmmm." He makes a distinct sound but doesn't move. I roll my eyes but stay since he has a grip hard as iron. "Just half hour nap." He compromises. 

"Half hour." I agree with him, as my eyes close.

Finally an update! At 11:27 pm, almost midnight since I'm nocturnal. Hope you enjoy! 

-S