chapter 3

Pic of Enrique^

"I hate all of you!" I whined throwing my cards down as they laugh at my childness.

"It's just a game baby girl." Mommy comes around to hug me from behind. Before I could respond she starts tickling me. I giggled so hard tears form in my eyes.

"Okay okay!" I surrendered in pain. "It's just a game." My dad and uncle were already shuffling the cards and getting the chips ready to play another game of poker. Elijah's mom and my mom went to the kitchen to get more food.

"Let's take a sip." Elijah slyly picked up a glass of wine. I roll my eyes at his stupidity. In three, two, one.

"Elijah!" My aunt, Elijah's mom took the glass away and smacked his hand with a newspaper.

"Sorry Mama." Elijah feared his mom just like most people did. She was one fierce person.

"Alejandro!" Someone rushes into the room. Blood stained his shirt making me scream in horror. "Attack on the front gate!"

My dad grabbed his gun from the table and runs out, my uncle follows along. My mom and aunt yells for all women and kids to go to the safe room underground. Elijah grabbed my hand and we make our way through the crowd.

"Quickly the doors are closing soon." Someone shouted as people rush to get inside. Just as we were about to enter the door closes leaving Elijah and I stranded in the middle of a battle. All around us were grown men who were shooting at the enemy. It was mom who saw us and came running.

"Hide now!" She pushes us towards the stairs that lead up.

As we head up I hear a shot behind me as bullet grazed my leg. Time froze as I watched her fall with a pained expression. I screamed and ran downstairs despite the pain. Elijah grabbed me forcing me to stop. Dad turned to us and his expression is blank when he see's mom. Everything hit him at once as he ran to her holding her close to him. No one saw the bullet until it came straight to his back. I couldn't take it as he smiled at mom blood streaming down his mouth as he kissed her forehead. He looked at me with a smile one last time before his eyes closed.

It was later that day when the war ended. Elijah and I were up in the attic. Elijah was watching the fight from the small window. I was balled up in a hysterical mess. He pulled me into a hug and pointed to the window telling me it was all clear. I looked out and sure enough there was bodies and broken glass. In the middle of it all stood a flag. It was all black with the words Shadowflag on it. It stood tall seemingly proud of itself. That was the first thing I feared and hated so much it made my twelve year old self go crazy and depressed.

Scar pov.

The movie was finished and I had to go to work. Violet was taking her nap. I swear that girl loves sleeping. But I guess who doesn't? What happened earlier this morning was buried deep in my mind or at least that's what I like to think.

I get ready and change into a black shirt and skirt with my works logo on it. Finally I head down.

"You can't have her." My uncle's voice pulls me closer. They moved the meeting to his office.

"We had a deal and if you break it war will happen." Enrique threatens as I gasp. My head fills with the days. We were living in fear. When the feud started I hated every minute. I was only seven at the time.

"Why Scar? She's innocent and doesn't know a thing about gang work." I pale realizing why they were fighting. Me. But why did he want me?

"I have my reasons." Mr.Jerkface replies. My ears pressed against the door before I feel a hand cover my mouth and an arm throwing me inside the office. Next thing I know I'm in the middle of the room. Wow that was quick.

"Sir I found this girl ears dropping." The person who captured me says to Enrique. I roll my eyes. Technically it had to do with me so...

"I was just going to work." I defend myself. It wasn't a total lie. I was going to work after I finished hearing the conversation.

"So your work is ears dropping?" The blond dude asks. I mutter smartarse under my breath.

"I like you." I tell the dude. He was my kind of people. Sarcastic and funny.

"The names Roy." He smiles back.

"I'm Scarlett. But you can call me Scar. Its sounds more bada$s." I try acting cooler. God knows I failed. He grins wider and chuckles.

"I like you to Scar." Roy nods in approval.

"Aww thanks!" I smile sheepishly while Roy laughs. I hear coughs behind us and realize we had an audience.

"Scarlett I appreciate you not mingling with my gang." Enrique growls. I look away from him. What's his issue?

"Sorry uncle for intruding, but I kind of have work." I try to leave but Enrique's hand stop me. He grabs my wrist. I blink and before I know it I was pressed against him. Whats up with being fast? First Roy and now him.

"Its either war or her." Enrique forces me to stand in between the two. My uncle shakes his head.

"War." He declares. I shake my head back. No.

"No, I will not let anyone else die." I tell my uncle. He stares at me with regret, knowing what I was doing. Playing hero isn't always fun.

"Scarlett I can't let you. I promised your parents I'd take care of you." He pleads. I feel tears in my eyes but hold it in. I loved the family so much even those stupid girls don't deserve death. I won't be the reason of war.

"I love all of you. Plus I don't have to stay when grandpa comes next week." I shudder just thinking of the old man. Uncle laughs with me. The old man loves me, but pretends to hate me because I wasn't part of the gang. He is the reason why we reached to the top best.

"An hour and we leave." Enrique announces. "I knew you couldn't resist me." He adds. Cocky much?

"I'm only doing this because Roy is a good guy." I huff crossing my arms. Roy raises his eyebrow, but says nothing. I leave and then wince forgetting something. Violet.

"Star. I thought you went to work?" Violet asks as I come in the room again. I scratch my head. I couldn't break the news to her. I open my mouth but nothing comes out. Suddenly the door bangs open and El runs in.

"Scarlett Reed don't you dare leave us!" Elijah screams. I take a deep breath as Violet starts crying.

"No baby don't listen to him." I grab her into a hug and pat her hair. I'm going to kill him.

"Scarlett. What the hell did I just hear from dad?" El ranges in anger. I shake my head at him. He didn't understand.

"I know what I'm doing Elijah." I stand up and pack my cloths. Violet stops crying and looks at me with a very serious expression.

"I want to come." She says firmly. I was afraid of this.

"Sweetie you can't come. I'm going somewhere dangerous." She is safer here where most people love her and will protect her. "I can't protect you in there." I hated to say the truth but she needs to know.

"I'll run away if you leave." Her words make me gasp in horror. Why would she even think of that? She was as stubborn as a moose I slump in defeat.

....

"Your deceiving." I tell Violet as we enter the car. Roy letting me take shot-gun. She shrugs with a small smile.

"I learned it from you." True...

"Your a bad influence Scar." Roy had no right to say anything. He was lean and had ears piercing on his lips and ears and nose. And not to mention the tattoos.

Enrique comes in the driver seat and it's quite. We drive in silence with the radio on low volume. Based on the GPS the destination seemed to be about a few hours away. 

"Why me?" I ask. Violet was asleep on Roy's shoulder and his head on top of hers. He was going to make a great brother-like figure.

"Why not you?" He uses the oldest trick in the book. I roll my eyes, not answering. I fall asleep for the rest of the ride.

I wanted to make a quick update but from now on I'll make them longer. Plz vote 🌟and comment💬!