1.8: Minhee's Birthday Party

"Noona, is the cake ready?" You asked the pastry chef.
"Not yet. It'll be in five minutes." She replied with a grin.
"Good. I think they'll be here soon."

Today is Minhee's birthday party. The coffeeshop is closed to other customers. It's exclusively open for Minhee's guests only which includes Seventeen.

"Y/N?!"
"Oh! Minhee unnie! Happy Birthday!" You greeted her with hug.
"Why are you here? I thought today's your day-off. They will be here." She asked you obviously not knowing what happened in the past few days.
"I-" You were about to tell her everything when the door opened.
"SAENGIL CHUKHAHAMNIDA!~ SAENGIL CHUKHAHAMNIDA!~" The boys started singing as they entered the coffeeshop.

They got shocked when they realized you're the one beside Minhee, except Dino and Mingyu ofcourse, but they acted like they're shocked too. Jisoo walked to you shocked too.

"Jagiya, I thought you want to rest today since it's your day-off." He said shocking Minhee.
"Wait. So, you gave him the chance? You followed my advice?" She asked you.
"What advice? You know about this, noona?" Seungcheol asked her building up the tension.
"Noona! Here's my gift for you!~" Dokyeom handed Minhee his gift to prevent anything bad to happen.

S.coups decided to just take a seat. The other boys gave their gifts to Minhee too. People started filling up the coffeeshop so you got back to work. Being the manager, you need to make sure this won't be a disaster.

The party started soon. Minhee's friends performed for her, and so do Seventeen's performance unit. At the end of their performance, they slowdanced with Minhee individually. And then, Seungmin started singing her favorite song with Seungkwan. Seungkwan continued singing while Seungmin took his turn to dance with his wife. You're currently sitting beside Joshua now watching them.

"They look so good, don't they?" He whispered into your ears, wrapped his arm around you and pulled you closer to him to kiss you cheek.
You gulped seeing Seungcheol stare at you blankly. "Hey. I think I should get my gift. I haven't given it to her yet. It's in my office" You told Jisoo as you stood up.
"Oh. Sure. I'll come with you." He said ready to get up too, but you stopped him.
"No. No. I'm fine. It's not like I have to cross oceans."
"Ok. Be back soon, jagi." He said kissing your hand before finally letting you go.

At first you thought, Jisoo being clingy would help you learn how to love him. But now, it's a relief to be away from him even just for a while. His hugs and kisses just feel different. Everyone else's would probably be, because they're not from Seungcheol. There's something in his kisses. Or maybe it's just really him. But you don't want to know because it's too risky.

You kneeled and took your gift under your office table. You didn't hear anything, so when you got up, you almost dropped the gift from shock. Seungcheol was already there giving you a death glare.

"What are you doing here?" You asked, but he just stepped closer so you stepped back.
"Oppa, I think we should go back there." You told him but again, he just stepped closer.

He quickly grabbed your wrists and pinned you against the wall. He moved so quickly yet accurately like he planned everything. One moment he's just standing in front of you, the next, his lips are already just an inch away from yours, his hands holding your wrists firmly, his scent already on its way into your heart again. You breathe the same air. It feels like a crime yet it feels so right.

"What do you think you're doing?" You looked over his shoulder and saw Joshua at the door. S.coups didn't even bother looking away from your lips.
"Doing what you did to me. Or...I don't know. Just reclaiming what's mine."
"She's not yours, hyung. She's mine." Jisoo said as he pulled you away from Seungcheol.
He then turned to face Jisoo. "Really? If you're so sure about that, you better guard her because I might take her away from you." He started walking out of the room but stopped at the door. "I'll steal her from you just like what you did."

He finally left leaving you with Joshua.

"Are you okay? Did he do anything to you?!" He asked you exaggeratedly.
"I was doing fine until you claimed I'm yours, oppa. I'm not yours. I'm no one else's property. I own myself." You told him.

You went out of the room with your gift. You gave it to Minhee and left the coffeeshop. You entrusted everything for tonight to Dahye. She can handle the party without you, but you can't handle being there anymore. Everything feels like a disaster, a very big disaster!