-Chapter 16-

Jacklyne's POV

I shakenly grabbed my phone and dialed Jaime's number, passing the phone to Lydia because of my extreme confusion.

"Jaime, he's here," Lydia murmured. She listened closely to the phone and motioned for a me follow her. My face was killing me and I still didn't get my ice pack from the kitchen, but I followed her anyways because she looked really scared.

And without any further comment, Lydia bolted out of the restaurant and I quickly followed behind her. My heart was racing a million miles a minute and I was so confused. All I wanted to do was crawl into a corner and cry because Alan kissed me and then he hit me and Mike got hurt and I cut myself and everything is wrong with the world.

"Lydia, what are we doing?" I whispered, afraid to speak at normal level.

She didn't reply to me, but whipsered into the phone, "we'll be waiting for you in the parking lot."

"Lydia... come out, come out wherever you are. I feel like we should pick up from where we left off and bring your little friend into the mix," I heard a male voice taunt.

I feel myself start to have a panic attack as I felt the need to take deep breaths, but all I could do was hold my breath until my face turned purple.

Jaime's POV

"Drive faster!" Mike ordered form the passenger seat of the car.

"Shut up! I'm driving as fast as I can!" I yelled, looking at the speedometer which read 160mph. Mike begged to come with me as soon as Lydia called and I couldn't protest because I was on the phone with Lydia.

"Jacklyne has been through enough for the last fucking hour. If anything else happens to her, I don't know what I'll do."

"Jacklyne isn't the one whose in danger here. And back there was your fucking fault, anyways," I said as I pulled into the parking lot. I saw Lydia and Jacklyne run towards the car with a guy trailing behind them. I quickly unlocked the door and Mike opened the passenger door before crawling into the backseat so they could get in.

Lydia ran in first, followed by Jacklyne. I sped off as fast as I could, leaving dust behind that asshole that goes by the name of Paul.

Jacklyne's POV

I crawled into the backseat where Mike was but sat a fair distance away from him as I worked on taking deep breaths. I was shaking so much I couldn't even talk.

"Lyd... Lydia, are you ok?" I managed.

Lydia nodded, even though her head was in her hands.

I felt Mike's hand on my back and I moved so that my back was against the window of the car. Just seeing his face hurt me because it was all my fault. He wouldn't have a beat up lip and black eye if it wasn't for me being such a dramatic bitch in the first place.

"I was worried, so I came with Jaime," Mike explained, even though it wasn't needed.

"H... how's Alan?" I had the guts of asking.

Mike blinked at me, his face lacking emotion.

"He's not as messed up as Mike, but he's not talking to anyone other than Austin," Jaime explained.

"Why do you care?" Mike asked.

I sighed and as soon as the car came to a stop, I opened the door and charged towards the medic tent, where Alan was sitting with Austin, drinking a can of Bud Light.

"Jacklyne, I understand if you want to go home," Austin started.

"Go see your fucking girlfriend," I muttered, pointing towards a shaken Lydia.

Without further question, Austin ran towards Lydia. I took a seat beside Alan.

"Jacklyne, I-"

"I never want to see you again. I'll hitch a ride with someone else for the rest of the tour and I don't want you to try and make any form of conversation with me," I explained, keeping my eyes on the ground.

"You have to understand my side of the story! I-"

"You kissed me when Mike walked on the bus and punched me in the fucking face! What more is there to explain?" I yelled back, my voice finally raising.

"Jacklyne..."

"Stop saying my name like you care about a single thing I have to say!"

"But Jacklyne-"

"Shut up!"

"Jacklyne, what are these fucking cuts about?" Alan yelled, standing up and pulling my bracelets down, revealing the cuts I made this morning. "Is this because of me?"

"No, I didn't have the time to cut myself between an hour ago and now," I murmured, pulling my bracelets back to cover the scars.

"I thought you stopped. I thought I was helping..." Alan said, looking hurt.

"Well, you weren't," I shot before going to yell at Mike. I saw Austin holding a crying Lydia and almost interrupted their moment, but decided against it.

When I looked forward I saw Mike grab my hand and pull me through the venue, past everything, without saying a single word. He started pulling me through the forest and I realized where he was taking me. Where he took me on our first date.

We sat on the bench and it was awkward silence for a few seconds.

"Mike, I... I don't think I can do this anymore," I finally murmured.

"Yes you can. I'm not going to lose you again, Jacklyne. Let me tell you something... I am a party animal. I like getting fucked up and doing fucked up things. But when I met you, everything changed. I felt completely different, and I wanted to change everything so I could be with you. I felt so awkward getting into this, but now I'm confident and I can't lose you again. You are everything I've ever wanted," Mike explained, locking his eyes on mine.

I opened my mouth, but I couldn't think of what I was supposed to say. I took a deep breath, to start some form of a sentence, when Mike suddenly crashed his lips on mine. His hand cupped my chin as he deepened the kiss, and I was gone. It felt like I was floating, or some shit like that. I couldn't describe the amazing feeling of Mike's lips on mine.

I felt Mike start nibbling on my bottom lip and I pulled away, resting my head in his lap. "Let's just stay here forever, ok?"

"Ok."