-Chapter 2-

Jacklyne's POV

I lied in my bunk, staring at my phone. I should be awake and getting the Of Mice & Men merch stand ready but instead I was being the lazy asshole that I always am.

I'm Jacklyne, I have red hair that people always call orange and an extreme love for food and tattoos. I'm the merch girl for Of Mice & Men and the hardest part of the job is sharing a bus with five childish, weed-smoking men.

"Yo bitch!" Alan yelled, ripping open the curtain to my bunk. He smiled at me as I shielded my eyes from the sudden light and groaned. "Morning beautiful," he teased.

"Fuck you, asswipe," I muttered with a sarcastic smile before pushing him out of my way and getting out of my bunk. "Where is everyone?" I looked at my phone again and saw that it was 4:00. Shit, that was probably really late.

"We're over here!" I heard Austin yell from the other side of the bus. I walked with Alan up to the front of the bus where the boys were smoking on the couches.

I choked on the fumes as I opened a window. "Can you guys at least open a window so I don't die?" I begged. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind the smell of cigarettes and weed, but when it was following you around in a giant cloud, something had to be done.

"Let's go outside for a sec, Jacklyne," Austin said as he stood from the couch. Austin was my best friend, and has been for as long as I could remember. When I got this job from simple luck, I couldn't be more excited to be reunited with him after such a long time.

We made our way outside and Austin began his rant for the day.

"So, tonight we're throwing a party and the Pierce The Veil boys are coming..." he started.

"Austin, please don't start this again," I pleaded. I knew where this conversation was heading.

"Tonight I want you to at least talk to Mike, ok? It's been too long! You need to break out of this shell you're in. You can't live your entire life having a crush on the drummer of Pierce The Veil. He's going to slip away from you and you'll end up being a lonely cat lady with Alan!" Austin exclaimed.

"I mean, I don't see the problem in that..." I liked cats, but I liked Mike too. I've had a crush on Mike Fuentes for God knows how long.

"Jacklyne, this isn't a joke."

"But he doesn't like me! I'm a short, depressed ginger child and he's- he's tall, rich and handsome!" I was growing frustrated with Austin always trying to set up situations where I'm stuck with Mike and then I end up chickening out and keeping to myself the whole time.

I noticed one of the members of the crew run over to me and immediately pass me two full boxes of Of Mice & Men merch. "Welcome to Warped tour guys!" He enthused sarcastically while passing Austin two more boxes.

"Hey, I'm the star of the show here, I shouldn't be carrying boxes," Austin teased as he continued walking with me down to our supposed merch table. I could barely see with these two boxes in my arms.

"Jacklyne?" I heard a familiar voice yell.

"Jesus?" I asked, looking up to the sky. I laughed and dropped the boxes, seeing my best friend Lydia a few feet away from me. "Lydia, holy shit!" I ran towards her and wrapped her in a tight embrace.

After Austin moved away to start his band, I made friends with Lydia in the Graphic Design class in University. We've been best friends ever since.

"Um, is that Austin behind you?" She whispered.

I looked behind me to see Austin awkwardly stacking the boxes. I remember a long time ago when Austin tried to set me up with Mike for the first time, he told me that Lydia was hot and I threw up on him because I was black-out drunk. Yeah, that night didn't end well.

"Oh yeah. He's kind of helping me with-"

"Lydia!" I heard a voice yell. I turned and saw Mike running towards us. Shit, shit, shit, shit shit. I'm not makeup ready! I'm still wearing Hershey's Kisses pyjama bottoms. I watched as Mike came closer to us, my awkwardness immediately began. "Oh hey, Jacklyne right?" He asked.

"Yeah, I mean that's what my mom called me. I'm named after my grandpa or something. I don't know but- yeah. I'm Jacklyne," I rambled, nervously.

Mike laughed a bit. "Right, well I just came to tell Lydia that me and the rest of the boys are coming over to do a signing soon."

Lydia nodded, but I could tell she was trying to hide her laughter from my embarrassing outburst.

"Yo Mike! Nice to see you again, man!" Thank god Austin finally got the clue so he could save me. My face was practically on fire because I was blushing so much.

"Nice to see you too. Are you doing a signing right next to us?" Mike asked, looking at our merch boxes.

Austin shrugged. "I guess we are. We haven't really planned anything so I'm just going to quickly go back to let everyone know. And it's good to see you too, Lydia," Austin said with a smile before backing away from us. That damn bastard.

We all stood there awkwardly, not sure what to say next. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I couldn't be more happy that I had something to distract me.

I checked my phone, seeing a text from Austin.

Austin: I tried to save you, but Lydia was something, wasn't she? Sorry :)

Fuck Austin and his stupid smiley faces.