-Chapter 14-

"You're better off without him."

"He wasn't good for you."

"You could do so much better."

All of these words just went right through me. I didn't even give them a thought. I knew they were just telling me this so a wouldn't cut myself again. I can't make any promises there.

I walked with Austin to the Of Mice & Men merch stand and just my luck; Mike was leaning on the table, waiting for me.

"Austin, I need to leave," I murmured, but it was too late. Austin was already speed walking towards Mike.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Austin yelled. Austin is a screamer, so I'm sure you can picture how loud it was.

"Look, can I just explain to her?" Mike asked, sounding more as if it was a chore than by choice.

Austin sighed and looked over to me.

I slowly nodded and approached Mike while Austin backed away from us.

"Jacklyne, let me-"

I interrupted him with a sharp slap in the face. The high pitched sound of skin on skin practically echoed through the park, and my hand felt like it was being stabbed by a billion needles.

"I don't want to hear your sorry excuse of an apology or whatever you have up your sleeve. I want you to leave me the fuck alone before I let Austin beat the shit out of you," I shot before storming behind the merch stand. I began ripping boxes open to take out even more anger.

"But-"

"I suggest you leave. She may be small, but she can get really fiesty," Austin interrupted, steering Mike in the other direction.

After another long day of selling merch and avoiding anything that had to do with Pierce The Veil, I went back to our tour bus.

Before I even walked in, I heard the muffled sounds of people yelling. I slowly opened the door.

"I'm not leaving this fucking bus until I talk to her!" Mike yelled.

Everyone's eyes turned to me when the door slammed shut behind me. All of Of Mice & Men were in the bus, as well as Lydia and the one and only, Mike Fuentes.

"I'll talk to you," I mumbled, walking out of the bus.

He soon followed behind me and we walked along the empty field of the Warped Tour venue.

"I didn't mean to hurt you, Jacklyne. I was fucked up that night and I wasn't making sober decisions. I know I messed up and I'll do anything to get your forgiveness. I want to be with you," Mike explained.

"How do I know that you're not going to do it again? You're doing drugs and drinking alcohol every single day," I countered.

"You can trust me. If we're together, I promise I won't do anything to hurt you."

I sighed. There were so many things I could do about this. I could make the smart decision to run away as far as possible and never look back, or I could go with the stupid decision of forgiving him.

"You're lucky that you're good looking," I said, giving in to his indubitable charm.

He smiled and laughed under his breath. "Thank you!" He enthused, wrapping his arms around me.

"Ok, put me down, you fucking twat," I teased.

What is your definition of awkward? If it isn't hugging the boy you're best friends want to punch in the face right in front of them, then you're wrong. Everyone was completely awestruck by my desicion, which makes sense. I'm a fucking crazy asshole.

"Are you sure you're doing the right thing?" Alan asked as I sat on the couch, waiting for Mike to come pick me up.

I was feeling confident for once in my life with my black skinny jeans and Vans cropped tank top. My wrists had Misfists, My Chemical Romance, and Nirvana bracelets up them to hide my scars. We'll just say that incident with Mike a few days ago brought back old habits, but I would never tell anyone that I became even weaker again.

"Alan, don't try to talk me out of this," I shot, glaring at him. I heard the door being opened and I stood up to see Mike. Before I could get to him, Alan stood up and pulled me towards him.

"Alan, what are you-" I was interrupted by Alan's lips suddenly slammed against mine. The taste of nicotine and alcohol filled my mouth and my mind became fogged. It took me about a second to realize that Alan's lips were on mine.

I pushed him back, my eyes suddenly wide as I brought my hands up to my lips.

"You fucking asshole!" Mike yelled, charging over to Alan. "I just got her back!"

I started having a full on panic attack as a full blown fight broke out right in front of me. I didn't know what to do. My heart was pounding, and my screams weren't stopping them.

Without thinking, I grabbed Alan's arm in attempt to get him off of Mike, and that's when the back of Alan's hand came in contact with my face.

The force of it caused me to fall back and hit my head on the TV stand. Tears stung my eyes as I lifted my hand to my cheek, were my skin felt like it was burning.

"Holy shit, Jacklyne! I'm so sorry! You were- oh my fucking god, I'm so sorry," Alan said, immediately leaving Mike and running over to my side.

I flinched when his concerned hand grazed mine. He looked pained to see the fear in my eyes. My heart was pounding so hard I could hear it.

Mike came over to me and sat beside me. He had a busted lip and he was bleeding were his bottom lip ring used to be.

Alan backed away from us and without another word, he ran out of the bus.

"You're bleeding," Mike said, running his fingers over my cheek.

I laughed a bit. "I think you should look in the mirror."