Chapter Nine: Bluewater High School, Home of the Seahawks

guys are assholes, my dog is snoring next to me, and another update. what a day!

enjoy (:

Chapter Nine: Bluewater High School, Home of the Seahawks

"Olive, I have good news." My mother said on the other line. She called me at five o'clock this morning from somewhere in Indonesia. I answered rudely, so she hung up and called again until I answered nicely. Sorry I'm not friendly when you wake me up at an ugly hour. I was currently making my bed because I continued on with my usual morning routine, even with my arm practically falling off due to me holding my phone for the past twenty minutes. I then shuffled over to my closet to pick out my outfit for the day. The jerseys hung nicely on the one side of my closet and I just grabbed a random red long sleeved tee from the other side. "We aren't getting sued!" I jumped at the sound of her screaming.

"That's great Mom." I sighed, not really interested. We had a great team of highly trained lawyers, so I figured we'd get out of this one.

"And all you have to do is show up with Jonathan at the Thunder Bowl and break up with him there." My eyes just about popped out of my head because they widened so much at her words.

"Excuse me?" I asked. She couldn't be serious. This guy was crazy. He is crazy right? I'm not like high on something right?

"You don't even have to sit with him for very long. Just show up with him and break up with him. You've done it before what's the big deal?"

"He's gone psycho now. He beat up two football players and he tried to go after me!" I ran a hand through my hair. Just a few more days and I'm out of here.

"Stop being so ungrateful and just do it." She hung up and I was greeted with a long beeping sound in my ear. I tossed my phone on my nightstand and flopped onto my bed. I really don't want to go to school today.

"Hey, how do you feel about skipping school?" Curson asked from my doorway. "I have to go to Maryland to solve a little problem with my official. There's been many complaints about him making false allegations against the team."

"When do we leave?" I asked, grabbing my shoes and my hoodie.

"I'll meet you in the car in ten."

****

"So how does this whole thing work out?" I asked Curson, as we went onto another highway. After these twelve days are up, I never want to be in a car again.

"What whole thing?"

"The Thunder Bowl. How does it work? Twelve teams go in and only one comes out on top. How do you decide?"

"Well," Curson scratched his chin. "We spilt the twelve teams up into three groups of four based on their skill level. One group can be good defense/offense, one could be for speed, so on and so forth."

"Why three groups of four? Why not two groups of six?" Curson gave me a look that said 'let me finish.' I nodded my head as a sign for him to continue.

"The days before the Lightening Rounds are exciting. The groups are then split into two groups of two teams and they play each other. After the day is up, only six teams are left. The top two teams of that group, based on their season this year, go straight to the Final Thunder, which is the event before the Thunder Bowl. Are you picking up what I'm putting down so far?" Curson glanced at me.