Chapter Five: Northvale High School, Home of the Eagles

Enjoy even though it's up super duper late! As always skip to the end to see our main babe, Clayton Taylor.

Chapter Five: Northvale High School, Home of the Eagles

"All I'm asking is for this class to act like they are actually learning something from me." My teacher, Mr. Veirnan, stood at the front of my science class. "Now, Hailey can you tell us what you got for number six on your worksheet?" It was ninth period and I was so not doing this today.

"Sugar." She replied. I rolled my eyes at her answer. The question was: What does Photosynthesis produce that you use the most? It's obviously oxygen.

"Sugar." Mr. Veirnan repeated. "So you're saying we use sugar more than oxygen?"

"Well it said what you use the most, and I love sweets so it makes sense." Mr. Viernan sighed and glanced at the clock. "Only twenty more minutes." He mumbled, but I heard him because I was at the front.

Thankfully, his phone rang so I didn't have to sit through a whole other lecture. I glanced at Elvie, who was smiling at her phone. I smiled at her happiness.

"Olive your brother is here to pick you up." I nodded at Mr. Viernan and waved bye to Elvie.

"See you later." She said and I smiled in return. I couldn't wait to meet her... boyfriend? I wonder if they're using the boyfriend and girlfriend title yet. I shrugged and shoved the books I didn't need into my locker and grabbed my jacket.

Walking to the office to meet Curson, I wondered where we were going. He knew about the dinner, so I knew he would have picked a closer state. I approached the office and saw that he was sitting on one of the little, purple office chairs. When he saw me, he stood up and grabbed my bag for me.

"How was school?" He asked, pushing open the front door of the school.

"Fine." I followed him outside. "Some girl thought we use more sugar than oxygen in science." I quickly threw on my jacket because the November air was bitter.

"She's going places." Curson stated. "Sorry I picked you up without telling you, I just don't want you to be late for tonight. We have to pick up ice cream right?"

I nodded, hopping into the car. Yesterday, Elvie and I talked over the phone and I offered to bring over our favorite ice cream because I insisted on bringing something. I didn't want her date to think that I wasn't a generous person and not a good friend.

"We should pick up whipped cream too." I stated.

"Are you just going to wear what you're wearing now? We have time to stop home. Northvale High gets out at 2:35 and it's only 2:10. We want to make sure everyone is out of the school."

"I'll just wear this. Elvie said it was just a casual hang out." I gestured to my non-ripped blue jeans and my plain, black v-neck. "This is pretty casual."

Curson nodded his head in approval. "Alright, let's get going then."

"Where to?" I asked as we pulled out of the school parking lot.

"New Jersey. We'll stop at one of the grocery stores on the way back."

"They better have Slippery Slope's Birthday Cake and Wallie's Whipped Cream." That has been our favorite since the dawn of time, so when I offered to bring it of course she said yes.