Chapter Three: McKinley High School, Home of the Bulls

Why tf is August so hot? Jeez Louise I have every fan on in my house and I'm still sweating. Anyways, as always you can skip to the end to see this chapter's quarterback, which happens to be Dean O'Connor.

Enjoy (:

Chapter Three: McKinley High School, Home of the Bulls

It was a peaceful Saturday morning. The birds were chirping happily outside. The right amount of sun seeped through the window and touched my face. My hair was laid out evenly on the pillow-

Well that's complete bullshit.

It was a hectic Saturday morning. Curson was trying to get me awake because we were going all the way to Virginia. He wanted to use the weekends for the states that would take longer to reach. That made perfect sense to me, but why the hell was he waking me up at 8 o'clock in the morning? Didn't he say practices were until 8 o'clock at night? We still had plenty of time to get there. There were no birds chirping because it was getting colder out, Curson opened my curtains all the way so the sun was blinding, and my hair was in every direction, making me look like some type of wildebeest.

"Olive if I have to tell you one more time to get up, you will find yourself drenched in cold water and we don't have time for you to shower." Curson warned as he ripped the covers off of me again. I got up and attempted to flatten my hair with my hands.

"Five minutes." Curson stated as he walked out of my room. I hopped out of bed quickly, tripping over my sneakers that I threw beside my bed carelessly the night before. I ran over to my closet, my eyes immediately landing on its newest edition of clothing.

The royal blue and orange jersey stood out against my otherwise bland wardrobe. I grabbed a pair of black leggings (what else), my sweatshirt from last night, and my black converse off of the floor. I brushed my hair (it was very painful might I add) and threw it into a high ponytail. Quickly running into the bathroom, I managed to wash my face and brush my teeth in record time.

"OLIVE LET'S GO!" Curson called from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'M COMING YOU APE!" I called back down to him.

I happily hopped down the stairs because I was planning on bothering Curson to get me some grub.

"So where are we eating breakfast?" I asked him.

"I was thinking of stopping somewhere once we get on the road." He tossed me a chocolate-chip muffin and a juice box. "We will have to go to the grocery store soon. We are running out of food because Mom and Dad are eating it all."

I rolled my eyes. I hated, absolutely hated grocery shopping. My mother and father won't do it, so that means it's up to Curson and I to get their food and the food we want. Not really how I want to spend my free time.

"Speaking of Mom and Dad, where are they?" I asked, biting into my muffin. I then took a sip of my juice box, which was apple juice, my absolute favorite. Curson grabbed a note taped to the fridge.

"Moscow." He replied, throwing the note away. "Ready to go?" I nodded, stuffing the last of my muffin into my mouth. We walked out to his car and I hopped into the passenger side. I quickly buckled in and turned on the radio.

There was the usual amount news stations, weather stations, and talk shows that were always on during the morning hours. I was about to shut it off, when Curson slapped my hand away and turned up the volume on some talk show.

"We are now just eleven days away from the annual Thunder Bowl. Mr. Bennington has really done a good job in picking this year's teams. Wouldn't you agree John?"