Chapter Seven: Pineview High School, Home of the Pirates

Start from the beginning

How have I not been signed by a modeling agency yet?

"Let's get going. The school is kind of far into South Carolina and I want to be home by six tonight." I was about to ask about the 8 o'clock practices, but Curson cut me off.

"They're having an early practice. Something about a field hockey game or something." Curson shrugged and we made our way out of the hotel room.

We were on the first floor and apparently Curson already signed us out of the hotel when I was still sleeping. In my defense, Criminal Minds was on TV and I didn't care about how late I was staying up.

"Thank you for staying with us!" The lady at the front desk waved as we made our way out of the front doors. I was glad that things worked out for Peter and I hoped he enjoyed that chocolate bar because I really wanted it, but he needed it more than I did.

I threw my bag in the back next to Curson's and I kept my phone with me to listen to music. I replied to a good morning text from Elvie and my eyes narrowed when I noticed a text from Jonathon.

I know what you've been up to and I want you to stop, or else.

I immediately froze in my seat and Curson thankfully didn't notice and drove out of the parking lot. I decided to play dumb and reply.

What are you talking about?

It said he sent it only twenty minutes ago and I was ready to crawl into a hole and die if he knew about the Bowl Bandit.

I went into your room and saw Clayton Taylor's jersey on your bed. Did you honestly think that you would get away with cheating on me?

I sighed in relief that he didn't know about the Bowl Bandit, but I mentally face palmed myself over the fact that I could be stupid enough to leave it on my bed. I also became very mad that he just entered my fricking room and I was even more mad that my parents let that animal enter my private space.

What are you going to do? Beat him up? It was meant to be sarcastic, but his next text gave me chills.

Yes. I'm going there tonight with some friends. Say goodbye to your little boyfriend.

I bit my lip and I became nervous, but why? This guy calls me carrot, tied me to a chair, chased me into the woods, ran into me at the grocery store, and I've only known him for like two seconds. Why do I care? Because his friends are not to be messed with and you somehow like this Clayton Taylor enough to help him. I threw my phone on the ground and just stared out the window.

"You ok over there?" Curson asked me after awhile. I glanced at him and I guess he could tell by my face that something was wrong. He glanced at me and then back at the road. "Olive?" I didn't answer him.

"Olive would you please-" I cut him off.

"We have to get to New Jersey by tonight. Jonathan found Clayton's jersey and thinks we're dating. He's going to beat him up."

"Olive-"

"No, Curson. I know his friends. They're dangerous and they've left people unrecognizable and in the hospital. I'm not having him beaten up because of me."