Impossible Is The New Normal

I have the feeling that Moms have this thought to be as unpleasantly loud as possible when it comes to waking their daughters up in the morning, no matter how ever OLD the daughter is. They have a tendency to just keep hollering our names like we are on a bull fight, and the thing is, them being deeply immersed in the kitchen does nothing when it comes to the intensity of the loudness of their voices. And they make sure that the said voice is totally pillow proof.

I scowled sleepily at the pillow, sighing when my phone began to ring, Eminem’s Lose yourself echoing all through my room as I yawned, getting up, singing sleepily along with it before I heard Mom asking me to ‘stop that infernal din’. I grinned, rubbing sleep off my eyes. Mom’s music choices and mine can start a World War 3 together, because they wary so damn freaking much.

“Hello?’

“Sam, have you any IDEA of what the time is?’

“Probably six..maybe seven…cant say I can rule out eight…”

“Its actually nine thirty.’

‘Oh,’ I stifled a yawn “I guess I overslept.’

“What do we have today, Sam?’

“Uh, office?’

“And when does office START?’

“I think at 10?’

“How sure are you of it?’ my friend, Kareena asked.

“Uh- very sure?’

She made a sound of exasperation. “You told me you will come early today and finish with the project, don’t you remember?’

“Oh, DAMN!’ I said, realizing.

she snorted “Get yourself here soon; we have a lot to do.’

“But-”

“Your boss wants you here ASAP, now is THAT making you move?”

I shot right up into my bed “Oh, he is THERE?”

“He just came back today. He said he needs to talk to you about some new thing. Be here soon; he looks pissed.’

“Sure, ok’ I said, and rushed right up to get ready. Seriously, if you work as a PRO for someone as terrifyingly famous as Robert Davidson, you are in for a lot of hectic times. And if you are only about 24 year old, the hectic time has not even started. And if you are not really a regular person in general, well, its time you throw the habit off the window (not that I do it). But you can escape getting fired if you are a whiz with excuses. Even this early on, you must know that I am one.

See, Robert Davidson is the owner of this HUMUNGOUS business empire, and working with him to seal deals, organizing meetings for him, not to mention being impeccably perfect in everything, is kind of a big deal. Sure, I had jumped about 20 feet high when I had got the job (I am wonderful at exaggeration, so don’t believe everything I say) but the pressure of it keeps you awake every night because the guy just cant TAKE delays. I had come to India because HE had wanted me to come and ‘crank him up with some amazing deals’. As though he isn’t the owner of some bad ass empire at all.

Anyway, now that Mr. Davidson had made me come along to India, I was visiting m homeland after two freaking years of working my ass off in London, under the terrifying inspection of the guy and his Secretary, Stella Fanning. Maybe right now, the guy is all right with me, because he hasn’t fired me yet. But depending on how young I am for such a big job, and that Stella highly disapproves of my lifestyle, it wont be long before I am handed a pay check and asked to clear the freaking hell out.