Kian Lawley > Highschool Band

Kian's POV

"We might be here. I think" Sam said without looking up or anywhere else except the pale yellow flyer that he ripped off the school wall. I raised my eyebrow and grabbed the paper off him, folding it up before shoving it in my pocket and pointing forwards.

"We can practically here the music from here, lets just follow those seniors" and with that we ran through the relatively clean backstreet with dirty white garage doors lining it, small brick apartment like houses perched on top of them.

Our shadows chased us as we ran towards the music. Skateboards and bikes layed against the wall next to an open garage door, highschoolers spilling out of it with red cups in their hands and swaying along with the music. As we entered the space I noticed how the multi colored fairy lights twinkled everywhere along with confetti scattered across the floor which matched perfectly with the clear sky and the beautiful sunset.

People were either standing up or sitting on anything they could find: chairs, a couch, boxes and even a mattress. Me and Sam squirmed past as many familiar faces as we could, grabbing drinks on the way forwards.

The last chords to the song were played before the music stopped as a few of them switched places and shared warm, funny looks and the crowd and the fellow band mates. They've all been playing together since mid freshmen year; two girls and three boys that are in junior year along with me and Sam.

My eyes fell onto the pretty drummer who flipped her hair over her shoulder and moved towards the bass player who swapped instruments with her. As she got up I got a view of what she was wearing. A maroon tanktop that went up to just underneath her collarone and black ripped skinny jeans, a bandana wrapped around her leg and a fake, rose gold metallic tattoo circling her upper arm, oh and not to mention the black chord necklace with an intrecit silver pendant she wears everyday without fail. She changed the knob thingies at the top of the guitar and brushed her hand through her messy (in a good way) hair.

"Dude you're staring" Sam nudged me and wriggled his eyebrows, I rolled my eyes.

"Well its a band, I'm supposed to be staring"

"Then look at the whole band and not just Y/N" he laughed before leaving my side to talk to some kids from our homeroom.

The music started playing up again as everyone cheered and danced along to the music that had a coldplay vibe. They weren't that bad for a highschool band, actually its pretty good and their Friday 'concerts' were always the talk of the hallways which kind of classed them as popular but they aren't those stereotypical popular bitches; they were all- well most of them were pretty chill and fun to be around and you could usually find them all together in the music room where a few students sit outside and listen to them practice.

The lead started to sing but I kept staring at Y/N as her fingers played with the strings of the sticker filled guitar. In the middle of the song she looked at me and her smile widened.

.   .   .

"Thank you for coming out! We hope you enjoyed it and if anyone has Mr. Ryan's test on Tuesday can you give me your notes thanks" everyone drifted out the garage in happy chatter, leaving their cups and the mess for the band to clean.

"Kian" a familiar voice called, I stopped and turned around to see Y/N walking up to me,
"Hey" I choked nervously making her breathe out a chuckle.

"I just wanted to say thanks for coming. I haven't talked to you and Sam for a while" I noticed she still had one drumstick in her left hand, tapping it gently onto her thigh. Something I noticed she does a lot.

"No problem, your music's really good by the way" I scratched the back of my neck, her cheeks reddened slightly which made me breathe out a laugh exactly how she did a few minutes ago.
"We're getting there. Wait, where's Sam?"

"He's walking Aleena home"
"Cute. I'll play at their wedding" she joked making me smile. A fluttery feeling shot through me making my legs wobble slightly but I ignored it. Whatever that was.

"How's your channel"
"Awesome" I put my thumbs up but mentally slapped myself at my gesture. Did I just really put my thumbs up?

"Um, we hit one thousand yesterday"
"Dude that a bug deal! I'm proud of you. I bet you this youtube thing will skyrocket"
"Well If I'm going up in the world then I'm dragging you and your band with me" I stuck my hand out for her to shake which she gladly accepted. Smirking back at me, a surge of electricity erupting in my arm as her skin made contact with mine.

"Deal?" 
"Deal" she smiled and turned to her band, letting go of my hand. I pushed my hands into my pockets as she turned back to face me whilst picking up a black garbage bag.

"I'll see you in math"
"See you in math" I said before walking away, the smile plastered on my face not fading.

*Years Later*
Y/N's POV

"So that necklace, any backstory to it?" the interviewer smiled.
"Um yeah actually. I've been wearing it since like freshman year, the charm was our original band sign but these lot changed it without me knowing and I got really mad. I'm still mad actually" I jokingly glared at our male lead singer making him laugh and throw his arms around me playfully.

"No, but I decided to always wear it"
"She hasn't taken it off in years" my bestfriend and bass player laughed at me.

"Awe, that so cute. I have a few more questions for you all" I zoned out after a few of the mushy, together forever questions and thought about back in highschool when we just went into my garage and played for our school then get a noise complaint the morning after; I smiled at the thought.

I glanced around the red carpet -well I say red carpet but we as a band weren't dressed up at all- of the movie premier to see rows of cameras and microphones with puffy sponges on them, I looked around at all the movie promo that was pasted on the walls then I saw him, walking up causing an uproar from the interviewers.

"Y/N, hello?" one of the band members waved their hand over my face,
"Okay there's Kian, I'm just gonna talk to him for a minute. Sorry, I'll be back" I walked away from the interview and called out his name.

I watched as his smile grew wide, I ran over to him and engulfed him in a hug, not caring for the camera flashes and the yells of my name.
His arms wrapped tightly around me, his face buried into the crook of my neck.

"Kian you're in fucking movie!" I fangirled when he let go of my embrace,
"And your band's playlist is in the movie!" we highfived and I couldn't help but feel a surge of electricity erupting in my arm as his skin made contact with mine. Something I've never felt before.

"I told you I'll keep my deal" he draped his arm around my shoulders and led us further up the red carpet.

Both of us carrying huge smiles.