Kian Lawley > Labour P2

Kian's POV

The room was completely dark apart from a dim light hung over Y/N's hospital bed that barely illuminated a quarter of the room. I looked around to see Y/N's heart monitor dangerously slow compared to a few hours ago. Not wanting to look at anything else I gazed over to Ricky and Y/N.

"Hey" Ricky gently let go of Y/N's pale hand and walked over to me.
"Boyfriend?" Ricky chuckled and looked back at Y/N.

"She didn't want to go in alone so we told the doctors that we were dating" I nodded in relief. I still have a chance to make this right.
Ricky patted my back before walking towards the door.

"Where are you going?"
"To get my hand checked out," I looked down to his temporary cast on his hand

"Plus I'm guessing you want some alone time with her" he turned back around and opened the door,

"Thanks Ricky. For everything" I said before he left
"No problem" he closed the door gently leaving me and Y/N alone.

Slowly I took small steps to her, taking in her appearance:
She wasn't her normal colour but instead a ghostly pale. Many tubes were sticking out of her which made me cringe slightly and a mask over her mouth to assist her to breathe. It was horrible, she looked dead and frail like if I held her hand she would break.

I held in tears as I sat down in Ricky's chair. I stared at her hand, should I hold it? Am I allowed to hold it? Cautiously I reached for her hand, afraid of the chance I'd hurt her. Her touch was as cold as ice. I wrapped my hand around hers and scooted the chair closer to her bed and listened to the monitor beep slowly to the rhythm of her heart.

After a few minutes of silence I started to talk to her even though I know she wont be able to hear me.
"I'm so sorry Y/N. I put you through so much" I whispered. No response. I watched as stomach go up and down as she breathed, thank god she's still breathing.
"I'm sorry" I rubbed circled on her cold rough skin.

"I just want you to know that if I could turn back time. I would" I brought my head down to her hand and kissed her knuckles. Suddenly the beeping became louder and more frequent. I looked over to the green lines of the heart monitor to see them go haywire. In complete panic I let go of her hand and pressed the button signalling the nurses continuously. "Shit shit shit" I mumbled under my breath. Her stomach rose up and down faster than humanly possible. What's happening! I slammed the button down with all my might causing it to get jammed. 
"HELP" I screamed standing up and going towards the door to open it. It was locked!

"Kian?!" Y/F/N ran up to the door and jiggled the door handle. No use. I gave everyone a worried look as they came over to help Y/F/N pry open the door.
"What's happening in there?" Ricky called from the other side of the door
"Y/N-" was all I could say before their was a loud bang as something fell on the floor behind me.

I stopped trying to break down the door and turned on my heels to see a metal tray on the floor and Y/N sitting up with her arms supporting her. She was drenched in sweat and her eyes were wide open looking frantically at her surroundings. I watched her as she struggled taking off her mask but when she did she threw it across the room and breathed heavily and fast.

 "Kian?!" her bottom lip trembled, she looked down at all the tubes connected to her. She tried to pull them out but I rushed to her side and held both her hands,

"Get off me!"
"Breath Y/N. Stop hyperventilating" I looked into her eyes and she looked into mine. We stayed in this position for a good few minutes, I listened as her breathing went back to normal and so did the monitor.

"There you go. Now dont pull these out okay" I gestured to the many tubes connected to her arms and body. She nodded with glossy eyes. She looked confused, angry, hurt and tired.
"Why are you here, where are my babies!?" her breathing got faster once again as she violently pulled her hands away from mine which nudged the tubes a little making her hiss in pain.

"Y/N calm dow-"
"I SWEAR TO GOD CAN YOU ALL STOP TELLING ME TO CALM DOWN" tears spilled out her eyes but she tried to hide them from me by turning around and wiping them away. Out of instinct I cupped her cheeks and brought her gaze to me. I wiped her tears with the pads of my thumbs.

"Um... congratulations I guess" I said awkwardly talking my hands away from her face.
"Thanks" she mumbled looking down at the thin white sheets covering her legs.

I sat down back in my seat and clasped my hands together. "When did you get back?" she asked quietly. Talking to me in a tone as if we were strangers. 
"Jc called me up yesterday. He said your water broke at Ricky's. So I got here as fast as I could"
"Why? You made it clear that you hated me-" she sounded hurt which broke me.

"I don't hate you, I guess I was just scared"
"Kian... You were scared" she looked to me, "I was fucking terrified! My boyfriend of a year left me just like that on the night I gave myself to you . The night I was supposed to trust you 100%" I hung my head down just as there was a click at the door.

"Sorry about that the doors in this part of the ward lock automatically" the doctor from before explained as he closed the door on everyone outside.
"Ah Ms Y/N your awake thank God. You gave us all a scare how are yo-"

"Where are my babies?" her face turned into a worried expression and her hands gripped the white sheets.

"All three are completely healthy. Two boys and one girl" her expression melted into a warm and excitable smile.
I looked turned my head from the doctor to her, 

"I'll send a nurse to take those tubes out and I'll send for your infants" she nodded eagerly and thanked the doctor for everything he's done. After he left a nurse came to disconnect her from all these see through tubes. She reached over for my balled up hands and held tightly as she scrunched up her eyes and nose. I clasped onto her hand, enjoying the few moments of her willing to hold my hand even though she doesn't know she's doing it.

.   .   .

We sat there in silence as Y/N anxiously awaited the arrival for our... her children.
"Y/N" she looked to me, "You know I'm here to stay" she raised her eyebrows,
"Kian. How would you know if I actually wanted you back"

"Well, want me or not these children aren't going dad-less? Look I know I haven't been around for the pregnancy part but I'll definitely be around for the raising part" she smiled a small smile. I mean how hard can raising a kid be?

Aaand that's where I'm ending it...
I don't know about you but I'd call the kids: 

Dillon Lawley (because Ricky Dillon helped Y/N through the pregnancy)
Alex Lawley   and
Maya Lawley