Kian Lawley > Katelyn

For Katelyn_13_02 Love you boo <3 sorry for the delay

Katelyn's POV

 "Take these cups and stock up at front" my boss demanded as she stuffed a few packs of plain white frozen yogurt cups into my hands. I sighed and walked out of the back room and towards the counter on the other side of the store, the stack of cups wobbling making me a little anxious. I've been working at this frozen yogurt place for almost a year yet, my boss still treats me like a newbie which is kind of annoying I guess. But I do get 50% off of any flavor :)

Anyway, I work at the counter mostly and its pretty boring except but every Wednesday without fail for the past year this really cute guy my age walks in and buys the same flavour of yogurt. He has a beautiful brown hair and a sleeve of tattoos, oh and an amazing smile! But unfortunately our conversation is just:

"And that would be $4.20 please"
Then he just smiles and hands me a $5 bill, I smile back and give him his change. 

Yup. That's it. And I wish it could me more - a lot more - but then again I'm just the cashier in a yoghurt place. I'm just Katelyn.

I pushed pass the door and juggled the high stacks of cups across the store, listening to the quiet hum of music and the chatter of a few people here for a late night snack. Suddenly I found myself skipping into someone's foot and losing my balance. I gasped loudly preparing for the embarrassing impact but I felt two warm arms swiftly wrap around my stomach and pulling me upwards before I could fall along with the cups.

I stood there, my back pressed against the strangers torso and his arms protectively around my stomach. Feeling a little awkward considering we've been in that position for a while longer than intended I released myself from his soft grip and turned to face him. My cheeks flushed a red as I realized who it was...

"I'm so sorry" he gave me an apologetic look as he scratched the back of his neck. I smiled reassuringly and went down to pick up the cups, avoiding looking at him directly in case I was still glowing red. 

"Its fine I wasn't paying attention"
"Neither was I" he leant down opposite me and started to help me pick up the cups and stack them up again. 
"Thanks for helping um..." I looked up to see his face dangerously close to mine. His eyes focused on me.

"Kian. Kian Lawley" he outstretched his hand which I shook.
"Katelyn. But call me Kate"

I looked down and stacked the last few cups and stood up. Picking up one of the stacks. Slowly I walked to the counter, placing them on the glass covering all the flavors, Kian following behind me and copying my actions. He leaned against the glass next to me.

"Hey, so um... would it be cool if I could get your number and, you know. So we can talk more" he traced his tattoos nervously which made him look extra cute. I reached for a piece of paper and a pen and wrote down my number.

"I'd love that"

.   .   .One Month Later.   .   .

This last month has been pretty amazing, me and Kian's friendship wise. We text all night nonstop and talk every Wednesday when he comes in for his weekly yoghurt. We actually have a lot in common I notice but yet, we're both very different people which kinda make this friendship really cool and unique.

"Katelyn lock up for me" my boss said as she tossed me the keys whilst walking out the door. I rolled my eyes and threw them next to the counter and leaned back once again. Daydreaming. Closing times in five minutes and I couldn't wait to get out of here. Business has been unbearably slow today and unfortunately Kian didn't come today which sucked because I had no one to talk to.

I stood there for a good few minutes until I heard a familiar buzz noise of the clock signaling it's closing time. I sighed loudly in relief and jumped off a bar table, ripping off my pink apron and opening my hair from its tight ponytail. I threw my apron into the backroom and grabbed my leather jacket, penny board and the keys to this place and locked the door. Closing the lights behind me.

"I like your style sense" a voice came from behind me. I turned around and smiled brightly at the cute brown haired boy standing in front of me, a white penny board under his foot and his hands buried in his pockets. I took a step on my board "you skate?" Kian adjusted his snapback which showed a bit of quiffed hair that had grown back quick in the past month.  
"Yup, and I'm guessing you do to"

"Yeah. Pretty good as well if I do say so myself" I rolled my eyes playfully, "uh huh, then lets have a race. From here to the park a few blocks down"

"Lets do i-" 
"GO" and with that I skated off. Kian close behind me.

.   .   .  

"Lets be clear that you had a head start" Kian laughed as we walked side be side up a hill in the center of the huge park. I shook my head and playfully pushed him, "say what you want but I still won" he chuckled and slung hid arm around my shoulders. "So what's my prize" I smirked to him.

"Aye we didn't say anything about a prize"
"I don't know I think we did" before he could argue I reached up and picked his snapback off of his head and placed it on mine instead. He smiled brightly and slung his hand around my shoulders. Instantly feeling a nice warm fuzzy feeling I inched closer to him and brought my hand up to play with his fingers. I felt him tense up slightly, his chest started to rise and fall a lot quicker.
"You okay?" I looked up to him but he just nodded and continued to walk up the hill in comfortable silence. The sun setting behind us and the city lights slowly turning on.

Once we got to the top Kian broke from my embrace and leaned his penny board against the bark of a tree. I sat down in the dry grass and leaned my arm against my board staring into the city. Kian eventually sitting next to me.
"The city looks beautiful" I never thought that a bunch of buildings in front of a perfect sunset could look so breathtaking. Kian didn't respond so I turned to face him, he was already looking straight at me with a soft stare and a small smile.

"What?" I chuckled quietly
"I always thought your eyes were pretty but they look even better in the sunset" he complimented my hazel green eyes which probably made my cheeks turn a tinge of color.

"Kia-"
"Can I tell you a story" I gave him a confused look but nodded. Adjusting my board so I could lay my head on it. Kian slowly grabbed my hand and rubbed circled gently whilst taking a deep breath. A tingling sensation erupted in my stomach.

"So a little over a year ago I walked into a frozen yogurt shop and ordered some yogurt. I looked up and saw the most beautiful girl I've ever layed my eyes on. She smiled warmly at me and gave me my food. I cant explain it but I felt something. When she handed me my change our hands brushed together and... I just felt it. Like electricity. I didn't know what I was feeling but I knew I had to see her again. So I did. Every Wednesday, each day trying to buck up the courage to talk to her but the words never came out. But one day a sort of miracle happened and I bumped into her. Quite literally"

I laughed at the memory but stopped so he could carry on.

"I talked to her and somehow I got her number. Ever since then I got to know the girl; she was everything I wanted, sweet, funny, caring, pretty and the best personality. Her name's Katelyn and I love her. I just hope she loves me back"

The warm buzzing feeling from before getting more intense. He liked me back. He loved me back! I sat up straight, his snapback falling low on my face covering my eyes.

Kian gently pushed the snapback upwards and left his fingers there. His face was dangerously close just like back in the frozen yogurt store a month ago.
"Kat-" before he could finish whatever he was about to say I leaned in and connected our lips together lightly. I suddenly felt a wave of pleasure go over me and apparently so did he because responded to the kiss almost instantly and deepened the kiss. Pulling me by my legs closer to him.

I smiled into the amazing kiss and caressed his cheek with one hand and the other went around the back of his neck. Pulling gently at his roots.
He rubbed my upper leg and wrapped his arm around my waist, bringing us closer together if that was even possible.

After what seemed like forever we both parted from the kiss. Breathing deeper and faster.
"Kate will you be my girlfriend" I nodded quickly and connected our lips back together

U N E D I T E D