Chapter 12

"Good morning Maya !" I heard, I slowly opened my eyes only to see a Cowboy staring at me. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

I tried to say Good morning Huckleberry but nothing came out, maybe the pain inside me hasn't gone... Maybe Lucas was right, I need to forget about the past and to focus on the present... Maybe... Maybe I just need to see that stupid canvas and to paint a cross on it, or even to destroy it.

I got up and I tried to walk,
Ouch
I forgot I need a crutch to walk now.
Luckily Lucas caught me in time.

"Hey Maya ! Don't forget your crutch !" He laughed as he sat me on the bed

"Do you know what we have in the last hour today ? Art class... Do you know what on the art class ? Your paint... Look I don't want to push you but I really need you in my life, I need to listen to your soft voice and to hear your beautiful laugh, I need to see you smile with all your heart and I need to feel you being free, being that free spirit you've always been" he said, looking right into my eyes

"Okay now get ready and go downstairs for breakfast, you have toasts with Nutella and a hot chocolate" he said as he walked away from the room.

Did he just said those things ? He NEEDS me, my laugh. My smile, my voice, my happiness... And right into my eyes... I meant these things... I can't believe it...

I got all dressed and I went downstairs with my crutch only to see Lucas's shirtless body attempting to put on a sweatshirt.

"Maya can you help me please, I feel like I can't do anything anymore" he asked me

I went over to him and put a hand on his hard chest, looking at his abs, then I took the hem of his shirt and put it down to recover his body, then I adjust the hood on his back and I check on the sleeves so they were perfect.

"Thanks Maya, you totally saved me" he laughed

I smiled at him and put my hands on the pockets on the front of his sweatshirt, my hands were cold.

"Are you cold ?"

I nodded, he took his jock's jacked and he put it on me, I cuddled into the jacket as he smiled at me.

"Looks perfect on you..."  He said

"But it looks sexier on me" he laughed, I playfully smack his arm.

We ate breakfast and headed to school, he parked his car and we went to history class.

"Okay guys I have your assignments, I'm going to start off with Maya and Lucas, you guys did a wonderful job... Your approach is very realistic yet we can have a personal image of what you guys are saying, it's meaningful and true, you already got an A"

Lucas and I smiled, I came believe he got both of us an A, he did this assignment alone.

Matthews pursued with the other students,

"Okay so now, you guys will talk able your assignment next week same day, same hour" then the bell rang and everyone left the classroom, Riley wanted to come to me to talk,

"Maya !!" I stopped, looked at her, and then turned around and walked away with my crutch.

Then I heard
"LUCAS WHAT'S GOING ON WITH HER ?!"

"OH REALLY ?!! NOW YOU'RE TALKING TO ME ? MAYA IS ANGRY AT YOU FOR SAYING SHE WAS NOT STRONG AND THAT YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE IN HER ! YOU ARE HER BESTFRIEND AND YOU NEVER WENT TO THE HOSPITAL TO SEE HER !! AND NOW AFTER ONE WEEK YOU FINALLY CARE ?!"

I walked towards Lucas and grabbed him by the arm, trying to drag him with me.

"I'm sorry Maya you had to hear that... I wish everything was perfect but it isn't" Lucas said to me

I didn't say or showed anything, I just hugged him tightly
He stroke my hair and I stroke his back as I was hugging him.

"Maya... There's something I need to tell you"

I backed away, I was worried, what happened ?

"I won't move to California, I'll stay here, I'll find an apartment and a job and I'll be there for you no matter what"

I cried on his chest, I was so happy he was staying.

As the day went on we stayed together the whole time.

It was the last period of the day, art class.

We both came in at the same time, we saw miss Kossal and Lucas talked for me.

The class was over and only Lucas and I were in the room, miss Kossal left because she needed to do something, she said she was coming back.

I looked at Lucas and I nodded, I tear streaming down my face.

I wipe it off as Lucas took the canvas, he looked at it for the last time, I did the same. I kicked the paint with all my strength multiple times, I kicked it so badly all the canvas was torn in pieces.

I sighted as I looked at my work,  then smiled

"I did it Huckleberry" I said in a proud tone

"MAYA YOU'RE BACK !"
He said with excitement and he rushed to hugged me, he lift me and spun me around, I was laughed as I stared into his green eyes

"Maya I missed you so much, it was so weird talking without being answered!" He said, I smiled at him

"Lucas the past is behind, remember ?" I tell him

He nodded and hugged me once again, then he took me bridal style as I was laughing, I had my crutch in my hand so I wouldn't forget it.

"I missed your laugh Maya, so much" he said, I stare deep into his eyes and then smiled

He placed me on the passenger's seat, then he drove us to Topanga's.

We took a smoothie each and we sat on a booth

"I missed you so fricken much you have no idea Maya"

"I know huckleberry you told me that a thousand times already" I laughed

"I'm being serious Maya, I really missed you this whole time, knowing you weren't okay killed me and now I feel alive again"

I don't know what I feel... But when I'm around him I feel safe... I need to be near him to feel better. Whenever I'm around him I feel something in my stomach, I think I... I think I... I might have feelings for Lucas.. I think I love him. One way to know

I stare in his beautiful green eyes deeply... I feel this thing again... I love him.

"Lucas ?" I asked, he faces me now.

"I love you too"