Chapter 3

I woke up in a bed, I was covered in white blankets and the room was white, nothing like mine or anything I knew.

I looked all around me and I saw machines, then a nurse came up to me running and saw that I was awake.

"Miss Hart you are awake, you are lucky in thirty minutes are the visit hours ! How are you feeling ? It has been 2 months and a half !"

"Mhmh... Better I guess, since I was in a coma I guess things are getting better"

"I really like you miss Hart, you see, I'm about four years older than you and I wasn't that cool and calm the first time I woke up from coma"

"Who said it's my first time ?"

"It's not ?"

"It is" i answered

"Funny much, exactly what that guy said..."

"Which guy ?" I asked, who was she talking about, who can say that about me, I hope it's not Charlie. The nurse ignored my question as she was looking. Through a little carnet.

"Okay Miss Hart you need to eat and do whatever you want to, some people are outside waiting for you"

"Okay... Can you tell me what happened to me ?"

"We don't know the whole story especially me because I'm just a nurse but what I do know is that there's a guy that is in the same hospital as you but in worst conditions, I don't know or remember his name since I'm not in charge of him" the nurse said

I stayed there in shock, I didn't know what to think anymore. What if it's Lucas on the hospital bed ? What if Charlie continues the beating each and each day? I'm scared, I don't know what to think anymore.

"Are you okay Miss Hart ?"

"Call me Maya.. And no."

"Why ?"

"My boyfriend is beating me and once one of my friend found out they got in a huge fight and that's all I remember, I don't know who's in the hospital bed and who's on the waiting room"

"Poor Maya, everything is going to be okay, there are associations for that and if you ever need help here's my number" the nurse gave me a piece of paper with a phone number on it.

"I'm 22 so I guess we can understand each other"

I nodded and asked her some time alone, I needed to take a shower and to eat, and that's what I did.

I was eating my plate full of vegetables when the nurse came in.

"So, what's your name ?" I asked the nurse

"Chloé... Sorry if I'm disturbing you but someone wants to visit you"

"Where is this someone ?"

"Outside, the door is locked right now"

"Stay with me Chloé, I don't want any bad things to happen"

Chloe nodded and opened the door to reveal...

Lucas.

"OH MY GOD MAYA !!" Lucas exclaimed, I saw his bright smile lighting the room.

"Lucas !" I exclaimed too.

"Two months and a half and you made it Maya, you made it ! I'm so proud of you" he said as he came towards me

We hugged for a pretty long time until

"Ahemmm" Chloé interrupted

"What ?" Both Lucas and I said

"Oh nothing I was just clearing my throat... And there's also someone that wants to see you Maya"