Chapter 2

The morning I wake up in my bed, I was covered with dried blood. Wednesday, meanings Charlie ends school at noon meanings once I'll be back home he will beat me, probably like yesterday.

I took a shower trying to hold back my tears as the water was pouring down my hurt body.

Once I got dried I had to straighten my hair and to have some other long sleeves shirts and this time a pair of blue jeans and some combats boots.

I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked awful, I had bags under my eyes and bruises all over my face, I put some make up on but we could see some bruises, it wasn't that obvious but still.

I went to school knowing they would question me, well, Lucas will.

And here he comes, being a caring huckleberry he looks at me with an extra worried look.

They all asked questions as the day went on, it was now the last period before going home and certainly having some more bruises and scars.
It was history class, I hate this kind of classes where we talk about our lives, because the whole day we would talk about it and it would remind me of every day's beating.

I tried to sit down on my chair and Lucas noticed I was in pain, he smirked and then he probably thought about something and he had his worried look again. He held me by my shoulders and helped me to sit down.

"Okay let's start class !" Mr Matthews said

"Guys yesterday I assigned you on a project without telling what you needed to do, you guys are going to share things about yourself and the other one is going to do the same, the final goal is to know if we can trust and believe what the other is saying, wether he's your friend or not"

"Sir, what if you don't believe someone but this person keep telling you what he's saying is true ?"

"Then tell this person it's okay to tell what's up, that they can trust you, and that they can even ask you personal questions if they want your trust, the general question is how to believe someone you know or don't know"

"Psst Maya" Lucas whispered, I turned around

"You can trust me, you can tell me everything but please, tell me what's going on I want to help you" he said to me, I was on the verge of crying, I turned over facing the black board.

Then some time after I turned around and mouthed "help me" to him.

He saw my big puffy red eyes and he was scared and worried.
He nodded and then he kept staring at me for the whole time.

The bell rang and Riley asked us to hang out at Topanga's.

"Well..." I began

"No sorry, we have to work on our assignment for Matthews" Lucas finished.

I looked at him and he gave me a nice smile, I smiled back and my eyes started to tear up, he was going to find out, what if he doesn't help me ?

We headed to my apartment I share with Charlie.

The whole walk was very silent and Lucas would rub my back some times when he felt I wasn't okay.

I entered home and Charlie wasn't there.
"Maya I..." Lucas began

"Lucas you are going to see something you wish had never happened, please don't run away or don't blame yourself"

"I would neve-- woaaahhh"

I took off my long sleeve shirt,my jeans and my boots, I was in my underwear but I didn't care.

"Who did this to you Maya ?!" Lucas raised his voice, he held up a hand

"DON'T HIT ME LUCAS PLEASE !!" I cried and yelled, I was scared that he might do something.

"Maya you know I won't ever hurt you !!" He said back

"Lucas..."

"What ?"

"Charlie has been doing this"

His eyes got bigger and I swear they took a dark green color that scared me.

"Please don't do anything to him he'll take his anger on me!" I begged him, still crying

"I can't promise Maya, you see what he has done to you, luckily it has only been a couple of days, imagine how far it would get !"

"2 years" I whispered, hoping he didn't hear it

"What ?"

"Two years" I said a little louder

"Maya what happened ?! You know how much you mean to me you could've tell me way before and I would protect you and you wouldn't be like that !"

"Lucas I was scared ! He said that if I tell anyone he will find me and do worse than beating me, he said he could rape me or even kill me ! I don't want that !"

"I don't want that either but I never wanted you to get all these scars and bruises !"

He came closer to me and gave me a big hug, he then ran all the way to the bathroom and searched absolutely everywhere as I heard.

I heard a door opening and Lucas stayed silent. Charlie came in the room and he saw me on my underwears

"Oh raw beating,  it would've been cool if you weren't with that Lucas friar just before !!!" He yelled at me.

He took me by the throat and threw me on the ground, he came on top of me and he started punching me in the face. My eyes were closed as I was crying I pain.

Suddenly I didn't feel anything on top of me but I heard loud noises all around me, I couldn't open my eyes, I was so hurt.

Then someone gently lift me up and called the ambulance, it was Lucas.

"Maya Maya Maya are you here ? Are you okay ?" I heard him

"Lucas..." I began, the pain was so strong I couldn't talk anymore, but I tried the hardest I could

"Thank you"

"Maya you are here.. Stay with me you are safe now, you are safe" he said to me before everything went black.