Lyla's magic

Paige starred at the television waiting for the big breaking news banner to pop up talking about the beach massacre. She waited patiently yet it didn't seem to be brought up.

"How's that possible, I'm pretty sure every kid at our school went to that beach party, why isn't their death on the news" Paige said puzzled. She looked back at Alphie who sat on the couch stuffing his face with cereal.

"And we are back" said Elliot as he exited the elevator with Leon, Kellum and Wendy holding bags of stuff, Paige got up and walked over to them.

"Can you believe it, there's no news about the beach massacre" she complained

"Yea, we know ... When we went to go pick up our things we stopped at the beach and everything was gone, no bodies no blood no nothing, demons must have one quick clean up team" Leon joked

"But still the kids wouldn't the parents realize that their missing ?"

"Actually they wouldn't" bookworm stated as he randomly entered the living room area "because none of their kids are missing, I tapped into the schools attendance records just now and there were only seven kids in the entire school absent today ... And that's you guys"

"What, but we saw all those kids die" Paige whispered.

"And they did die, something bigger is going on. Why would demons kill an entire school of children just to bring them back ?" Bookworm questioned

"I think I have an idea of who might just know" Elliot muttered "who's in the mood for a quick trip" he continued. Elliot walked over to bookworm.

"How's he doing" Elliot asked in a low voice

"Kales fine, tanner has been with him most of the day, but what are we going to do, I'm pretty sure the baddies know who the demon by birth child is now and they aren't about to just skip away from him"

"You're right, did you put up those seals"

"Yea spray painted them all around the house, why?"

"Then they can't get in, that gives us enought time to figure out exactly what's going and you enough time to figure out alittle bit about the four wicked witch bitches who trashed our safe haven. Just try to keep the boys inside ... Oh and I'm not taking the little girl" Elliot picked up his jacket and made his way to the elevator.

"Let's go bitches, we've got an old lady to go bother"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Who exactly is she" Paige asked

"You know for someone who's being hunted and could be murdered at any moment you sure do ask a lot of questions" Elliot responded "she's a psychic, I've been going to her for about 7 years and she's never been wrong so I thought she could help plus she likes to help me with research it makes her feel .... Some big word that means important. "

Elliot stopped the truck and Leon, Alphie, Kellum and Wendy hoped out the back while Paige stepped out the passages side. They began to walk down a crowded street towards a magic shop.

"Seriously, lylas magic" said Wendy looking up at the shop, Kellum looked over to her and smiled. They stepped into the shop and quickly split up looking at the random weird things the store held. Elliot walked over to the cashier and asked for lyla.

"This is unbelievable" Wendy said looking at a dream catcher, Kellum looked over at it.

"It's a dream catcher, it's pretty" he blurted, Wendy smiled then put the dream catcher back down.

"Oh no I wasn't talking about that" she said "I kinda ment all of this, two days ago I was a senior, my main priority was college, passing geometry and what outfit I was going to wear to a stupid bonfire, now- now im here finding out that I have powers I don't even know how to use I'm in a magic shop with a bunch of strangers trying to find out about demons and I was told that my parents are either dead or in hell somewhere being carved up like pumpkins yet I feel nothing, and I know I'm not the only one" Kellum looked down taking in all that Wendy was saying.

"It's just a lot you know, and I have no idea why I'm telling you this" wendy continued " maybe it's josh, whenever I see you, I see him" Kellum looked into Wendy's eyes.

"Wendy I'm so sorry about ---"

"Don't worry, it's not like I'm sad about it, neither are you" Wendy walked away leaving Kellum at the dream catchers.

An old woman stepped out the back of the store and quickly wrapped her arms around Elliot. It was the store owner lyla.

"Elliot honey, I wasn't expecting you" lyla said in a excited tone.

Alphie turned to his brother and whispered "aren't psychics suppose to know the future"

"So what do you need me for hun" lyla continued looking into Elliot's eyes.

"I need some help, you see my friends are being hunted because of a daemonum deal their parents made, and a couple nights ago we were attacked. I wanted to know if their was anything you could tell us."

Lyla smiled. "For you of course, come children" lyla began to direct the teens to the back. She gently put her hand on Kellum shoulder and in an instant her pupils enlarged as she starred in to space. Once her eyes returned to normal she looked at the children horrified.

"What have you brought into my store" lyla yelled looking at Elliot "what have you done, get out " she continued the entire store began shaking as if an earth quake had begun. "Get out of my store" she demanded looking at the teens. Suddenly everything that surrounded lyla pushed away from her and if a force had exploded around her sending the kids flying into the walls and being trampled by random objects. They all quickly got up and ran out he store they watched from the outside standing glaring through the glass window so they could still see what was going on inside. Lyla didn't budge she just starred at them without blinking.

"What's her problem" Paige yelled

"Get out" with one yell the glass shattered in front of the kids. "And don't ever come back" she whispered. The team quickly walked back to Elliot's truck.

"I thought she liked you" Paige muttered

"She does-- did, I've only seen lyla act like that once.... And that was against demons"