Bonfire.

Kellum

I found myself in a cellar type room it was dark and the dust that surrounded me had fogged my eyes. I felt as if I didn't have time to question where I was or to fear why i was here, instead I just looked around which has played a major role in most of the conflict I've ever had to face in life. You see I've always been the fearless curious type, when I was younger most kids slept with a teddy bear and a flash light while I slept with a camera just to get cold hard proof of the quote unquote boogie man. When ever I was in the face of danger, I felt alive, but that didn't mean I wasn't scared. People just believed I wasn't scared, I guess they just wanted someone to look towards that could be fearless enough for them all even if that fearless person was only 9.

I took a couple steps in pure darkness holding my hands out so that I wouldn't bump into anything. And for a moment all that I could feel was the wind the brushed up against my finger tips. Suddenly I could finally feel something, it wasn't a wall but something else. It was smooth and cold to the touch. For some reason I closed my eyes while gently examining the object with my hands. It felt like a statue maybe. As I touched it, it became softer and warmer. I opened my eyes trying to see what it could have been when suddenly from the dark all I could see where two glowing yellow eyes staring back at me.

"DANIELS" i opened my eyes to see my bestfriend josh pulling my notebooks off my desk " you, my friend, need to sleep more at home" I raised my head and the blinding light from all the windows in the classroom irritated my eyes to a point where I was left squinting just to see. I stretched and looked at josh who waited for me to get up " I do sleep at home" I said in my I'm tired voice." sure you do" josh responded in a sarcastic tone I finally got up "ok so the bonfire... Tonight, your going right ?" he asked as we got into the hallway. He opened my locker and threw our books in.

"I'm not really interested in going"

"what do you mean not interested, kellum this Is the beginning of our senior year" josh whined

"exactly which means there'll be more parties"

"yes, but not all of em will have a giant fire burning in the middle of em, come on please I don't know why but I really wanna go and how much fun could I possibly have without my bestfriend ?" he looked at me with his puppy dog eyes.

"a lot, you always ditch me at these parties anyways" he kept looking at me with his ridiculous face which always gets me. And finally I cracked and started smiling.

"okay I'll go" I said he quickly switched his face and finally started smiling.

-----------------

When I got home I was welcomed by my mom and a strange man. He looked maybe 25 or so but he dressed in a suit which made him look more mature. He had brown eyes and brown hair to match. He stuck out his hand my way.

" hey I'm Elliot" he muttered, I just looked at his hand I guess he was expecting me to shake it, but I didn't want to.

"Kellum, this is your cousin, he's in town and wanted to visit" my mom said with her hand gently on Elliot's shoulder.

"hey cousin...." I said very awkwardly, of course he must have been a cousin from my fathers side. They're all a bunch of high maintenance jerks who think the world revolves around them. Which would explain the suit. I mean who decides to wears a suit just come visit us. there was no time i had to leave now If not I'd be stuck on cousin duty for the rest of the night. I had to choose my strategy wisely. Now I sound like one of the jerks from my father side picking a strategy just to avoid my cousin. I smiled at Elliot. Then a light went off in my head .....