Cluelessly safe

"go faster" yelled Wendy from the back of the truck as she looked up at the monsters getting closer. She sat next to Kellum as he held to the truck that was moving at full speed. In front of them three kids watched the sky defenselessly. Elliot looked back through the rear view mirror and realized that even at full speed the beasts were catching up. He looked over at the boy sitting next to him. "open the glove department" he said the boy quickly did as he was told, he opened the department to see two hand guns surrounded by bullets that were scattered around. "pass me em" Elliot muttered. The boy handed him the guns "okay this part may be uncomfortable, I'm Gunna need you to take the wheel" Elliott continued. The boy moved over and grabbed the wheel as he did Elliot stuck his body out the car window and wrapped his legs around the torso of the boy to secure that he wouldn't fall out. He then began shooting into the sky.

Once the first shot was fired the kids in the back jumped in fear. By now the monster were flying side by side to the car. Elliot kept shooting. He hit the beasts but they were determined and didn't stop coming at the car.

"I'm Gunna need you guys to do something" said Elliot

"what !" Wendy yelled

Out of no where a beast swooped Elliot out of the car sending him rolling to the ground. Kellum jumped up to see his cousin and as he did another creature tackled him out of the truck as well. He layed on the floor for a while his vision had become blury and he could feel a pain rushing though his arm. He tried to call out to Elliot but his voice had vanished. He forced himself up but fell back down. He could hear the sound of lions purring around him and although he couldn't see he knew exactly what had circled him. His vision had finally cleared and he looked up at the bloody creatures watching him. One of them stepped forward and with one hand effortlessly lifted Kellum off the ground. It examined him for a while then let out a howl and threw him back to the ground. Suddenly It's chest began to glow a bright orange until if fell to the ground and combusted into a pile of ash. Behind him stood Elliot holding a knife. Elliot ran over and lifted Kellum and ran back to the truck.

"is he okay?" Wendy asked

"I'm fine" Kellum responded He lifted himself up and stood tall on the back of the truck staring out at the army of monsters that had now formed in front of them. the two kids that were in the front of the car joined the other kids staring at the monsters.

"what do we do?" Kellum whispered, Elliot looked at the 7 kids then back at the army. He reached into his pockets and pulled out his two hand Guns and began rapid fire.

"all of you need to think about stopping them, clear your mind and imagine stopping these things" Elliot screamed

"we need to get out of here" one of the kids yelled

"do what I tell you" Elliot responded

All seven kids closed there eyes all thinking different thoughts. Elliot's gun finally ran out of bullets and he looked back at the kids as the beasts caught flight and began circling the truck in the air forming a gray twister around them. Suddenly the sky began to change in color from a midnight blue to a fiery orange. Elliot ran over to the kids and tried to catch their attention but they all had been taken into a trance. They stood With their heads towards the sky with their eyes closed. Elliot smiled as a strong gust of wind began to lift dead leaves off the ground. The twister faided as the monsters looked around confused. From the sky ash began to fall as if it were snow flakes. Elliot quickly jumped into the car and watched from the window in a split second a meteor shot from the sky crashing into some of the monsters that had circled the truck. Within minutes it began to rain meteors that crushed the beasts.

"they can't be doing this" Elliot whispered to himself worried. The meteors continued to fall until every monster was gone. The sky slowly regained it's original color and the kids looked down unaware of what had just happened. Elliot jumped out of the car and looked at them.

"did you kill em all" Kellum asked.

----------------

Elliot stopped the car in front of an abandoned building. He hoped out and the kids hesitated to follow him but they were to scared to stay in the truck. Once they entered the building Elliot directed them to an elevator. Everyone tried to stay close to one another. Once they had all entered the elevator the silence had become deadly. Elliot pushed the number two and the elevator began to move upwards. He looked at all the kids who all managed to look in different directions so they wouldn't be awkwardly look at each other. The elevator door finally opened revealing a giant library that looked like a museum. Elliot took the first step out.

"bookworm" he yelled

From behind a book shelf a man peeked his head out looking towards Elliot and the kids. He was tall and thin and had bright blue eyes that he hid behind his thick crooked glasses. He quickly tried to straighten his glasses, he then walked over to Elliot while rubbing the black hair on the top of his head.

" hi, uh i-I think, maybe, playing hide and seek was a bad idea" he said, he then looked over at the kids "hi, I'm Andrew, or bookworm, as Elliot calls me, I'm here to help you guys. I know every thing there is to know about demonology and I ---"

"demonology?" Kellum asked, andrew looked at Elliot

"don't they know?" Elliot walked over to a chair and sat down "guess not, why don't you fill them in"

"did you stop looking for me" brim walked over holding a big book, Kellum ran to her.

"what is my sister doing here" Kellum said angrily.

Andrew looked over at the kids "Well, I guess I have a lot to explain."