Ch. 1 **PART 1**

**PART 1**

*Storm* (Ch. 1-10)

I ran down the street from the group of girls. This was the fifth time this month they've tried to beat the hell of me. God, this was really stupid. I turned the corner. I was really out of breath. They had been chasing me today for atleast a half hour. What was wrong with these people?

I turned down the alley way to try and lose them. I ran up the stairs to the third floor landing. I crouched down and listen to the girls as they stopped at the entrance of the alley.

“Where the fuck could she have gone? It’s a dead end," Stella asked her girlfriend Dianna.

“I don’t know. She couldn’t have gone down this way.” She breathed out heavily. “Let’s just go home, sweetheart,” She stood in front of her and softly placed her hand on her cheek. Then, sweetly, she said we can get that straight bitch tomorrow, okay?”

“Okay,” she smiled and leaned in to kiss her. “Alright, girls head home. We’ll get her tomorrow.” They looked like they were sulking as they all walked away.

It’s always been like this. Since, I didn't wanted to be like everyone else; I let it out that I was straight. This place that I live in, the gays and lesbians were in charge and accepted. It was drilled into us since we were young that if we wanted to get anywhere we need to be with someone of the same sex.

I was 8 when I heard this for the first time. I was moved here when I was seven. My mom and dad had died when I was 7. I was adopted out to a gay couple a couple months after. The guys were great, but I knew they weren’t my parents and they were okay with me calling them by their names, Jason and Lucas. I loved them like I loved my parents, but they still couldn’t be them.

I put my fingers under the lip of the window and slid into my room. The three of us live in an apartment building a couple miles from the school. The guys’ thought it be nice for me to walk. I couldn’t tell them the problem I was having with the girls. They we so happy with the living arrangements, and I've come to know the apartment as my home, so how could I tell them? It felt like spitting a gift horse in the mouth.

Jason opened my door, “Through your window, again?”

I smiled, “Ya, I love to climb.” Then, I shrugged trying to act casual.

He gave me a quizzical look, “Are you sure? You know you can tell us if something is wrong.”

I gave him my best grin, it fooled everyone, “Jason, I promise I’m okay.”

He gave me a broken smile, “Okay, love. Remember what I said.”

I replied, "Thanks.”

As he walked out, he said, “Dinner in an hour.” Then, he closed the door.

I hate it here, the people in charge of this place are really fucking stupid. I plopped down on my bed in frustration. I know I wasn’t wrong about the way I felt. I just liked guys, not girls what was so wrong with it.

I laid there abit, and then got up. I walked over to my CD player. Picked up my Theory of a Deadman CD and popped it in. I put it on repeat one and changed it to number 7, “The Last Song”.

I sang along to it. “The light that's in your eyes, like everyone wants it to be. Well, can't you see that it must be this way? Who knows who's wrong or right, just as long as you're here tonight...?”

I thought as the song kept repeating, Is my life really supposed to be like this? An outcast? I didn’t think my parents did anything wrong for me to end up here. I grabbed a cat knick-knack of my book shelf. I let the song continues as I walked over to my window. I slid out and stood near the railing opposite of the alley way opening, and threw it to the ground as hard as I could.

Why was it this way? What was so bad about a girl wanting a guy or guy wanting a girl? This was the only place I knew, though. Where else was there to go, that I knew of, the whole world was like this. The schools never talked about world affairs. It was like we were the only place left or everything was the same. There was no way that I was gunna be told. I’m a seventeen year old straight girl. I was doomed from the day I was born to always be on the opposite line.

I slid down, pulled my knees close to me, rested my head on my knees, and just sat on the landing. I started crying.

I softly sung “Something” by Escape the Fate. I couldn’t really hear my CD at that point. ‘Can you help me understand? And now you wish that you meant something. And now you wish that you meant something to somebody else. And now you wish that you met someone. And now you wish that you meant something to somebody else.” I cried worse after.

There was a loud knock on my bedroom door, “Storm, dinner’s ready.”

“Okay,” I yelled back. I got up and fixed myself the best I could. Then, I painted the smile on my face that made everyone believe I was happy.

The guy’s knew I was straight, and they still loved me. Why couldn’t everyone at school be like? I walked out of my room and down the hall to kitchen.

We ate in silence for awhile, and then Lucas said, “So, you like to climb?”

I smiled and said, “Ya, it’s like an escape route some authors used in books. I thought it’d be cool to try.” I wasn’t completely lying. They’ll have to take it.

He smiled, “It’s great you found a hobby.”

I grinned back, “Ya, I needed something.”

His smile faded, “Just be careful, hun. You could seriously get hurt.”

I looked at my food, “I know, I’m doing my best.”

We ate the rest of the time in silence. I went back to my room. Switching the CD out with my Falling in Reverse CD, and then I went to bed.