Freak Out

**Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions!! Some people suggested to wait and see how she interacts with everyone before making a decision, so that's what I'm doing. **

  You were still hiding behind Dean, your chest heaving as you tried to wrap your mind around what had just happened. He turned to face you, gently holding your shoulders with his large hands.  

"Miss, are you okay?" Dean asked you, just as the other man who had been by the door came up to stand next to him. He was at least a couple of inches taller than Dean, his body lean but strong looking. His hair just brushed the cold of his blue and red flannel, a deep mahogany color. His eyes were an intriguing mix of blue, green and brown. They were full of concern for you, just like Dean's pine green eyes were.

"Y/N. My name's Y/N. And I'm not sure." You said, still in shock over what happened.

"Sam, can you go check the house? I'm going to take Y/N to the Impala." Dean told the taller man. He nodded and ran off, and you felt yourself tense when he pulled a gun from the back of his pants before he entered your parents house.

"Who are you?" You asked, as Dean wrapped an arm around your shoulders. Guiding you to the side of a big, black, shiny car, he leaned you against it before answering.

"Your not going to believe me if I told you." He said, dropping his arm.

"Try me." You answered. "I just found my parents mutilated bodies, and that guy wanted to kill me. Then that taller guy did some thing on the wall, and he vanished."

"Listen, for now how about I just say that we are here to help, and we know how to deal with the bad guy. Before I explain anything else, let's get you someplace safe." He explained just as Sam came back through the door.

His face was somber, as he tucked his gun back into his pants. He came over, standing in front of you, taking your hands in his. "Y/N, I'm so sorry you had to see that. No one should have to see their parents like that."

His kind words were enough to bring you out of your shock, and you felt the tears build up. He noticed and opened his arms. Surprised by the gesture, you took him up on his offer. Throwing yourself in his arms, you let the tears fall, faintly feeling his arms tighten around you.

He smelled amazing, a mixture of books, musk and pine trees, a unique combination. For such a tall, muscular man, he was surprisingly gentle with you, rubbing your upper back soothingly, and not holding you too tight.

You felt a tap on your shoulder, and sniffling back your tears, you turned to look at Dean.

"Sweetheart, I know you're hurting, and I hate to say this. But we need to get moving. That spell won't keep him away for long. I need to get you someplace where we can protect you." He said, and you pulled away from Sam.

Dean opened the back door and you slid in. It was surprisingly roomy, even with an old, green metal cooler on the seat next to you. Sam slid into the passenger seat and Dean into the drivers.

As Dean pulled away from your parents house, you turned in your seat to watch it slowly fade into the distance. It was hard to watch, to know you were leaving your parents mutilated bodies behind to rot.

 So much had happened in such a short amount of time, and here you were, trusting two strangers. Facing the front once again, you caught Sam watching you with a hooded expression on his face. You tried smiling at him, but it came out as more of a grimace as you thought about what laid ahead for you.

"Where are you taking me?" You asked as classic rock played softly in the background.

"To our hotel room." Dean answered simply, his gaze focused on the road in front of him.

"Listen, thanks for your help but maybe you could just drop me off at my apartment since I left my Bronco back there."

"No can do sweetheart. Uriel is probably already watching it, or has some of his goons there. Can't take that chance." Dean answered.

"But..." You started to argue, but Sam spoke up.

"Y/N, I know this is a lot to take in. Let's get back to our room, We'll get some food, and tell you everything you want to know. And then if you need stuff from your place, Dean or I will go get it. But our first priority is keeping you safe." He explained calmly. While you were still freaking out and nervous, Sam had a way of calming you down, and making it seem like everything would be okay.

"Okay." You agreed. Staying with them seemed like the better option. You weren't ready to head back to  your house, and maybe have to face that Uriel guy again.

Dean pulled into one of the older motels at the edge of town, parking at the end of the lot. It was only one level, painted a dull brown, with bright blue doors. Sam helped you out of the car, and you followed them up to room 17.

Dean opened the door, and you walked in. It was nothing fancy, two double beds were on one wall, while a table and dresser were on the other. On the far wall was a door, no doubt leading to the bathroom.

Dean dropped the keys on the table, before heading straight for the bathroom. You stood there awkwardly, not sure what to do. Sam opened up his duffle bag, grabbing some red paint from within.

"Why don't you sit and relax. I'm just going to paint some protective symbols and then we can talk." He said. Perching on the edge of the bed, you watched as he painted different symbols onto the door and the walls.

"Won't the owner be upset you're painting on her walls." You asked him.

He just shrugged before continuing to paint the weird designs. "We paid cash. And we'll be out of here by morning, so it's not a big deal. It's more important Uriel can't find you here. And until Cas can get here, this is the best I can do."

By then Dean was done with the bathroom. Grabbing a chair, he placed it in front of you before sitting down. "Now, about that talk I said we would have."

"Okay." You said, readying yourself for what you knew could be a life changing conversation.

"Sam and I. We hunt monsters. You name it, we've probably killed it. And that man, Uriel, he was an Angel. Most Angel are dicks, including him. He's the one who killed your parents, but we aren't sure why he's coming after you." Dean said quickly and calmly.

Taking a deep breath, you sat back, letting what he told you sink in. You had never considered the possibilities that there were other things out there. You were normally a pretty level headed person, believing in things you could see and feel. You carefully peered at both of the men's faces, looking for anything that could show they were telling the truth, or lying to you.

Either they both had really good poker faces, or they were telling the truth. Sam had stopped painting the symbols on the walls, and was standing next to his brother, peering down at you with a compassionate smile plastered to his face. Dean had his hands on his knees, a frown marring his features, like he didn't want to get you involved in all of this. That he felt horrible to tell you all of this and break your shiny little bubble.

Taking a deep breath, you stood up, surprising both men. You were halfway to the door when they caught up with you. "Y/N, where are you going?" Sam's voice rang out as his hand grabbed your shoulder.

"Outside. I need to think, and with two giants breathing over me it's a little hard." You stated, before heading towards the door once again.

"Y/N, it's not safe out there for you by yourself!" Dean argued, but you ignored him, knowing if you didn't get some quiet time to process everything, you would scream, or kick something. Too much had happened too quickly, and you weren't sure how much longer you could hold yourself together. Before they could catch up with you again, you had your hand on the knob, opening the door. 

Without paying any attention, you shot outside, only to be stopped when you ran into another body. This one was tall, though not near as tall as the two men behind you. It was sturdy, and wearing a suit underneath a trench coat.

"What..." You said, backing up, tilting your head until your gaze connected with a pair of very bright, very blue and serious eyes.

He looked around you, his expression never changing from one of mild annoyance and confusion. "Sam, Dean, who is this? And why is your room warded against me?"