Chapter Fifteen: Hear No Evil

Beginne am Anfang

Alphys could be heard upstairs creating the upgrades she needed for Mettaton. She had already finished with the computer schematics and was putting them into action. She hadn't asked why Sans was simply staring at the door, which he was thankful for, but she did tell him that she had already fed the Almalgamates; perhaps she thought he was worried about them attacking him...

I can't stay out here all day; not without camping supplies anyway.

Taking a deep breath, Sans stepped inside the door to the True Lab. The elevator door closed shut behind him and he began to descend into the very place he grew up.

BZZZZZZZZ....

This elevator didn't have any music; it fit perfectly with his father's no nonsense attitude.

Sans couldn't remember Gaster very well, but he remembered trying hard to please him in the lab with various ideas and early test results. He remembered him praising him for his successes and giving him advice whenever he failed at something. He remembered working next to him, passing him test tubes and research notes...

But he didn't remember much about Papyrus.

SHHHEERRAA!

The elevator door opened to reveal the inside of the darkened lab. He stepped out hesitantly, trying to decide where he should go first; he didn't want to wind up immediately lost. It had been so long since he'd been down here...

Where would I find something related to Dad and Papyrus? Are there even any files left about them? Did Alphys throw them out when she became the new Royal Scientist?

Sans decided to head right, keeping his hand on the far wall so as to not get lost.

A lot has changed down here...

He came across an area with rows upon rows of beds, and yawned loudly. He was absolutely exhausted. He had done more running around today than he'd done all month; and his brother didn't help matters. This was not the time to sleep however.

"He split himself in two..."

"HAH!" Sans cried out loudly and stumbled back; startled by the ghostly voice in the seemingly empty room.

"napstablook?"

"He split himself in two..."

That wasn't Napstablook.

Who was that?

"He split himself in two...and called the wrong one, Son."

Finally, Sans caught a glimpse of a white creature near one of the beds. At first glance he thought it was an Almalgamate; but it lacked any monster features he recognized. It looked more like white silly putty that had been stretched to ridiculous proportions.

"He called the gun, his son..."

"hey, uh, what are you mumbling about?"

"If he had called them both Son, would things have been different?"

"okaay, could you tell me where i could find any files or information about the last royal scientist?"

"He split himself in two..."

Sans frowned. Whoever this was, they weren't going to help him.