Chapter 8

I had just gotten out of the shower to rinse off all the chlorine from the pool and was drying my hair. I twisted it into a messy bun and threw on a new pair of skinny jeans and a pink tank top. I slid down the staircase and finally arrived in the music room, which was filled with a drum set for Ashton, quite a few guitars, a piano, a saxophone, microphones, amplifiers and recording equipment. This was Ashton, Calum, Michael and Luke's temporary home recording studio. It was pretty cool, if I do say so myself! I was super excited right now because the band was about to play a set of songs for me. It was weird how I knew them and I had heard their songs but I couldn't quite put them together.

"Mommy, mommy! Uncle Luke said they're almost ready!" Ryan squealed as him and Kendra raced each other down the hallway. Oh, great. Now it's Uncle Luke?

"Alright, then you better sit down and behave yourself." I was still puzzled at the whole 'uncle' thing when the band finally came in. In order was Michael (with red hair), Luke, and Calum all on guitar, and then Ashton on the end. I thought it was weird at first, that he was playing a box. Literally! It was a big, wooden box! I exchanged a smile with Ashton and then the music began.

Calum's sweet voice rang out, high and strong. Michael strummed a few chords on his guitar. I listened to the steady beat of Ashton's mysterious box and immediately recognized the song. 'Heartbreak Girl', by the boys themselves. I fell in love with Luke's voice as he aced the chorus, and then Ashton and Michael's on the second chorus. The song ended too quickly and they moved on to covering 'A Team' by Ed Sheeran, 'Teenage Dirtbag' by Wheatus, 'Check Yes Juliet' by We The Kings and 'Next To You' by Chris Brown and Justin Bieber. They ended with another original, 'Perfect Disguise'.

I was shocked to hear them sing. It was just like hearing something off iTunes! I knew that many famous singers relied on autotune to bring in the fans, but Calum, Luke, Michael and Ashton truly had amazing voices! And they could play instruments!

Once they had finished, they did a dramatic bow. I ran into Ashton's arms and kissed him. I loved Ashton. Everthing about him brought me in. Though I hated to admit it, his voice was nearly the best of it all.