chapter 19

Third person pov

Joy turned around feeling shocked, not believing what she had just heard.

Irene stood there covering her mouth, she was also shocked as she had worked so hard keeping her feelings at bay and in a moment of anger she had let it known to the one person she didn't want to know.

"Wha... what?" Joy asked still unable to comprehend what she had heard.

Irene stood there shaking her head with her eyes wide.

"Nothing forget about it" Irene said rushing past joy, who was stuck frozen on the stairs.

How could this be? Irene unnie liked ilhoon? She searched her mind for signs, signs she had missed but couldn't find any.

How long had she liked him? Was it before they started dating? Joy shook her head, maybe she heard wrong, yeah she definitely heard wrong. She went back inside a little wobbly on her feet as she crawled back into her bed still unable to process what had happened.

The next morning the group all went together to get their makeup and hair done at the salon since they were having their comeback stage later that day on mcountdown. Throughout the whole morning Irene had been avoiding joy like the plague.

She was still mentally beating herself for letting her demeanor crack, she was very good at keeping her feelings at bay, she had learned that she needed to in order to have a successful career she couldn't let feelings distract her. She had made sure never to fall for anyone especially not another idol but ilhoon was the exception and unknowingly she had allowed herself to fall for him.

She remembered the first time she saw him backstage at music bank when he was promoting roll deep with hyuna. He was rushing to get to his queue when she they bumped into him she apologized before she lifted her head and met his and she stood there staring into his eyes frozen.

"I'm so sorry are you ok?" He said patting her as if to get dust off her. She stood frozen as her heart began to race. She tried to say something but when she opened her mouth nothing came out. He waved his hands in front of her face

"Hello? Are you ok... are you hurt?" He said repeatedly waving her hands in front of her to get a response.

She finally snapped out of it "I'm um fine I'm ok" she manged to get out he finally let her go but it seemed she had not regained her balance as she started falling over again but ilhoon managed to catch her before she fell.

"Woah there" ilhoon said chuckling feeling flustered Irene got out of the embrace and bowed 90 degrees

"Sorry for bumping into you" she said rushing away and bumping into many objects on the way once she turned the corner she smacked herself repeatedly for being so clumsy she placed her hand on her chest as her heart was still beating from what had just happened

"Get yourself together!" She repeated to herself once she got to the waiting room she saw him on the screen raping and all she could do was stare until he got off the stage she turned to her makeup artist

"Unnie who was the rapper with hyuna?" She asked

"Oh that's Jung ilhoon from btob, why?" She replied

"No reason" she replied. But it wasn't nothing, she couldn't stop thinking about him the whole rest of the day as he Googled him and watched him rap. "I'm just a fan nothing more I like him as a fan" she said to herself.

She kept that mind set of a fan or so she told herself and for months whenever she saw him at a music event she couldn't help but stare and she always made sure to watch when he performed. Because she liked him as a fan.