chapter 9

Sungjae's Pov

"what the hell, what the hell, what the hell" i thought as i paced around the bathroom. i had been in there for quite a while and all i could think was "What the hell" as a paced. i couldn't believe what i had seen, ilhoon hyung kissed joy and she kissed him back?, did she kiss him back? do they like each other? how do they even know each other?". As i continued to think all these things my phone rings i picked it up but couldn't say anything "sungjae? yah punk where are you?... sungjae? yah are you ok" it took me a second but i finally snapped out of it and answered my manager " umm yeah yeah im fine... whats up?" i hear him take a deep breath "yah! you guys have to perform in 10 minutes and you have been missing for 20 minutes! get to the dressing room right now!" he yelled through the phone and then immediately hang up. i snapped out of my daze gave myself a pep talk and then rushed to meet the rest of the team backstage with 6 minutes till our performance

when i got there i got rushed through getting my mike put on and getting my makeup retouched and had to immediately go on stage to perform, i got through the performance on my most professional behavior even though i still couldn't keep that image of ilhoon and joy kissing out of my mind. after the performance we all headed to the dressing room.

once we got to the dressing room i looked around to find that ilhoon hyung was gone, i knew that he was with joy and for some reason that made me incredibly angry. i started to pace again thinking about the kiss, that kiss, why were they kissing, hyung knew i liked her,how could he do that to me? in a moment of anger i punched a nearby wall. i felt a hand on my shoulder which snapped me out off my anger i turned around to find hyunsik hyung looking worried " yah sungjae-ah you ok?" i took a moment to look around the room to find everyone, the members, our stylists, makeup artist and managers all looking at me shocked with mouth gaping.

i looked back at my hand which was now starting to hurt a little and pulled it out of the crumbled wall, i looked at everyone in the room and bowed apologetically "sorry sorry, i don't know what came over me i need a minute" i said then rushed out. i managed to get out of the building to get some fresh air and calm down.

"hey hey are you ok?" i stopped my pacing which i didn't realize i had been doing and turned around to see hyunsik hyung and shook my head "whats wrong?" he asked looking worried " ilhoon hyung... joy... kiss..." i stuttered not being able to make full sentences "oh did he tell you?" he said i turned around sharply to look at him "what do you mean did he tell me? hyung did you know?" " well i didn't know they were dating but i knew he liked her and that he was going to tell her how he felt" i don't know why but that statement made me even more angry "How could you not tell me! you knew, he knew all of you guys knew! i liked her how could you not tell me! how could HE do this to me!" i shouted angrily and pulled my hair on my head "sungjae! calm down" he said taking my shoulders in a vice grip "i thought he already told you?" i shook my head "about the girl he had been meeting for the past couple months?" i scrunched up my face in confusion then it hit me, the mysterious girl he told me about, the one he was in love with, the one he had been spending all his free time with, the one when he talked to me about made him like a little boy... that was joy... "but how?" i asked now calming down a little "i don't know the details but he said they met before you guys started we got married" i still couldn't comprehend it? how did they even meet and why wouldn't hyung tell me about her? if he knew i was gonna be on the show with her why wouldn't he tell me before hand?... before i fell for her?

i took hyunsiks hands of my shoulders, feeling defeated i sighed "umm hyung i think im gonna head out first, could you tell the manager hyung that i'm leaving early? thanks" before he could respond i headed out and got myself a taxi then called one of my closest friends, Jackson " eyo! yook dog! whats up!!" he greeted happily " hyung i could really use a drink right now" i said "well come on over we can go to a bar."

"woah man that's kinda fucked up" Jackson said, we had been out drinking for about an hour and i explained the whole situation to him " and the annoying part is i cant find myself to be angry at them anymore, you know? i like her but...but hyung has liked her for months longer than me, i'm the second lead in this drama" i ranted feeling tears in my eyes, Jackson clapped me on the back "yah, yah forget about her for now ok? lets go sing some of our frustration out, i mean it sucks that she chose him over you but you are waay cuter ok? i mean i would chose you over him" he said. we paid for our drinks and headed to a karaoke bar to sing for hours and drink.

i woke up the next morning with a gigantic headache i looked around at my surrounding, we were in got7's apartment living room. i turned around to find Jackson in a super uncomfortable position next to me, i managed to get up and try wake up Jackson he groaned and then got in a more comfortable position but did not wake up. "your awake!" JB said i little too loudly. i looked up to find him standing over us with a bottle of aspirin and water and smug grin "you guys need to stop doing this you know you are idols" he said with a shake of his head, handed me the aspirin and water then started to walk away "oh and your phone has been ringing non stop all night and all morning" i checked my phone to see 47 missed calls and groaned. i called my manager back to tell him i was ok and got a taxi back to the dorm

later that day after getting back to the dorm and taking a long nap i got up to find a note that read

call me ASAP -ilhoon

i put off calling him for hours before finally deciding to call him it rang once before he picked up "sungjae! thank you so much for calling, i, no we need to explain everything meet me at cafe rosa please" he ranted "hyung i don't feel great right now could we maybe do this later?" i said "no sungjae i feel horrible for not telling you earlier, and hyunsik told me about yesterday and im sorry you had to find out this way but please lets meet up to talk about it" rolling my eyes i gave in and agreed.

20 minutes later i had made it to the cafe and was waiting for ilhoon i had on sunglasses because the sun was too bright. "sungjae" i looked up to find ilhoon but he wasn't alone joy was with him "oppa hi" she said with an awkward smile slightly hiding behind ilhoon. it took me a minute to get my emotions together but i did and put on a fake smile, i couldn't let them know this was hurting me. "well congrats guys!" i said enthusiastically, both of them looked confused "you guys look very good together!" i say with a tums up "wait so your not mad?" ilhoon hyung said joy nodded in agreement "why would i be mad? hahahaha gosh is it because of we got married? please that's all just for show right? we aren't actually married!" i say trying my best not to break down i thought for a moment i saw a hurt look cross joys face but she smiled after "well good we were worried for nothing right oppa? she said hugging ilhoons arm close to her, i couldn't take it anymore "i have to go, um i made plans so... yeah" i said waved goodbye and rushed out.

Joy's POV

i cant believe he was so passe about it? i thought he had some feelings for me but he blew it off and laughed. i don't know why that made me feel a little hurt and also make me a little mad because i wanted him to be mad but i guess he really doesn't care.